Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: UK TIGER OWNERS MEGA MEET UP 12th & 13th May 2012  (Read 21182 times)

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
Re: UK Tiger owners mega meet up
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 12:52:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
...Personally I'm not rsed where it is, as the journey there is part of the fun  :028:

Whatever you do, don't make it a poll for suggested places and dates, it will rapidly descend into a complete fiasco, everyone will get annoyed that the date doesn't suit them and it's too far to go, just pick a date and place and open it up to people to attend or not, you cannot please all of the people even some of the time, it's a fallacy and a lesson hard learned from the XRV site many years ago  :028:

agree the journey there is deffo part of the fun

also agree arrange a date and a place thats convenient for a few of you, then publish and be damned.
I'd suggest that a central location is probably best for the first one... but Lincolnshire  :138:.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:37:53 PM by healdem »

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 12:57:23 PM »
I did already  :001:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline blacktiger

• Tiger Jedi
  • Tiger800XC owner since June 6th 2011
  • Bike: Tiger955i&800XC
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 01:04:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Whatever you do, don't make it a poll for suggested places and dates, it will rapidly descend into a complete fiasco, everyone will get annoyed that the date doesn't suit them and it's too far to go, just pick a date and place and open it up to people to attend or not, you cannot please all of the people even some of the time, it's a fallacy and a lesson hard learned from the XRV site many years ago  :028:

Not the experience on tigertriple. We had a poll last year and it worked fine. Also, if you're intending this to be just for the 800s, remember, there ain't that many out there yet so I can't see it attracting too many. Far better to include all Tiger models IMO.
Black '13 Tiger800XC. The other British Land Rover. 19000 miles and counting.
Black '02 Tiger955i, 72K and counting.

Offline yoshikid

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 tiger
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 01:54:59 PM »
Just to make things clear/clearer, I own a Pub in South Lincs and would be prepared to organise or assist in the organising of a meet and rideout in these parts. It doesnt mean you all have to come here to my Pub or stay at the grounds my mate owns which is a small holding not far from me.
I am happy for someone else to Host in whatever form they like a Meet and Rideout weekend where they want, I happen to agree that thye lake district would be a great place for this event, However with the commitments that I have in this part of the country would preclude me from getting anymore involved with such an event other than attending and enjoying.

Will keep an eye on this thread and see what folks think and then make a decision as to whether or not to go for it in due course.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 06:17:02 PM »
I don't do camping  :017:
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »
neither do I, there must be B&B's nearby  :001:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 07:39:53 PM »
Ok, thanks for the response so far.

whats shaping up....

No trade stalls (good call)
Location will have options on accomodation (including hotel/guest house  - decent bed, shower and full english for those who want it)
Lake district would be my favourite for this first trip. (Lincolnshire is a definate good option for future rides. Some lovely roads towards Cadwell park).
Dates: I will suggest 2 or 3 date options,  and go with what the majority can do.
Need members suggestions on itinery ie  Friday night meet? + ride outs Saturday and Sunday ?
If you can't make it , don't worry, this forum should make this an annual event, at least 
Do we have this as a Tiger 800/Tiger 800XC event only?  or open it up to all Tigers? Personally, I think this is a celebration of the Tiger brand. All should be welcome, even if the 800 riders are out-numbered for the kick-off event. Following this thought, we can include the Tiger 1200 guys next year. They'll be the rich boys, and first to arrive at the pub, so can buy the drinks.

Feedback guys?

« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:21:21 PM by Rocket »

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 07:49:02 PM »
Copied from XC General Discussion thread...

Ok, thanks for the response so far.

whats shaping up....

No trade stalls (good call)
Location will have options on accomodation (including hotel/guest house  - decent bed, shower and full english for those who want it)
Lake district would be my favourite for this first trip. (Lincolnshire is a definate good option for future rides. Some lovely roads towards Cadwell park).
Dates: I will suggest 2 or 3 date options,  and go with what the majority can do.
Need members suggestions on itinery ie  Friday night meet? + ride outs Saturday and Sunday ?
If you can't make it , don't worry, this forum should make this an annual event, at least
Assume , several can help on route planning. 
Do we have this as a Tiger 800/Tiger 800XC event only?  or open it up to all Tigers? Personally, I think this is a celebration of the Tiger brand. All should be welcome, even if the 800 riders are out-numbered for the kick-off event. Following this thought, we can include the Tiger 1200 guys next year. They'll be the rich boys, and first to arrive at the pub, so can buy the drinks.

Feedback guys?
(please post any thoughts in the XC thread) 

Offline mick

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800xc
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 08:07:51 PM »
Good idea , if a meet is organised can you make it some were in the centre of Britain, most of these meets always seem to be down south which puts it out of reach for us northern riders. :028:

Offline SelinaXC

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Black XC & WR400
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »
Sounds good to me, presuming I'm not committed to be elsewhere will be attending! Not a fan of ride outs though so will skip that element.
Happy to help organise, if there is some way I can contribute please let me know.

Looking forward to it already  :152:
Back in Black - XC#2 picked up 13/08/2011
RIP XC#1 26/04/11 - 01/07/2011

winded-staunch