Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: not happy  (Read 8438 times)

Offline PTInstructor

• Tiger Pro
Re: not happy
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 04:48:43 AM »
Thanks PACIFIC, THE STRIPLER and GOLLUM for saying what I failed to convey.  That you three are voices of reason is appreciated.  I will never demean Triumph,as a brand.  The Triumph triples are marvelous machines.  And, the handling and responsiveness of the Tiger XC is truly amazing.  That I left BMW because of "demo rides" on the XC says volumes about the Tiger design.  I would expect the 1200 Explorer will be of similar design.  I look forward to riding one. 

Again, thanks for clearing the road......
BMW R1200GS
Yamaha WR250R (dirt ready)
(Lusting after the Explorer)

Offline pbears

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: T800 HD DeLuxe
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 02:51:19 PM »
Guzzi Stelvio - fab. Loved it. Italian and different, not better or worse. Ciao! :002:

Offline loftyjohn

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800xc
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 03:11:48 PM »

:001:
*Originally Posted by pbears [+]
Guzzi Stelvio - fab. Loved it. Italian and different, not better or worse. Ciao! :002:
:001:

Had one, loved it and kept it for the whole of the warrenty period and dropped it like a brick  :007:
15000 miles and 20+ warrenty claims, too numerous to mention.

This is my 3rd Hinkley Triumph, as yet no claims :046: :047: :123:

Might even get an Explorer yet :001:
Loftyjohn

IAM-Logo-small by loftyjohn, on Flickr

Offline Andylaser

• Tiger Jedi
  • Heavy Metal
  • Bike: Black Roadie
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 06:20:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by rt001 [+]
Let's all sell our Tigers and get Super cubs. :152:

Seems able to do the job.  :001:

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 07:02:38 PM »
Think we are starting to loose our way from the original topic post.....  :164:

Please get back "on-topic" or we'll have to close this one  :016:

:455:
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline Jonsson

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: ST3-R -> Tiger E
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »
The big bike show in Gothenburg will take place next weekend. But already yesterday I sat on the Explorer since Triumph Stockholm had it on display this weekend.

Since I already ordered one I was a bit nervous when I entered the shop... :155:
Would I like it in person or would I go.... :138:

I'm happy to say - the bike sure looks the deal...!  :028:

I got a 33" inseam it it fits like a glove with the seat in the highest position - I tried lowering it and it felt too low - in fact almost as low as my current Street Triple R...which felt a bit odd...??
But I guess it has to do with the fact that the bike is that narrow.

There were two bikes on display - both graphite...to bad..:/
Good thing though was that one was completely out of the box and the other one with the launch kit - panniers, fog lights, heated seat - which I think I would go with since it was way more comfy...:)
The bike also had the touring screen, GPS mount and all the other stuff installed.

Behind the panniers - which I must admit looks a lot better in person than in the pictures, I saw the familiar yellow/blue logo - yup the Arrow pipe. I really happy I ordered it, since dramatically changes the appearance of the bike!

Regarding the "top heaviness" - yes I felt it but at the same time I would worry that much - I tilted the bike from side to side (my friend looked really scared... :150:) and it is not that top heavy...

Well maybe if you really go off road at the pace got equally slow - but then maybe the 800 XC is more the bike for you?

I would say somewhere between the GS1200 and GS Adventure...boxers to have their advantages....
But I prefer the narrower bike with a bit more oumpff!  :152:

Still happy with my purshase!