Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: American friends  (Read 3791 times)

Offline markbvt

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Bonnie/T800XC
Re: American friends
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
I recieved the following pm from one of our American breatheren...

While I agree that the person who PM'd you needs to remember that this type of commentary is usually in jest, I do feel the need to point out that posting a PRIVATE message that was sent to you is incredibly rude, and is an instant banning offense on many forums.

--mark
2001 Bonneville (caffeinated) / 2003 XR650L / 2011 Tiger 800 XC ABS

Offline RaglandT

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800XC / 1200XRT
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 09:47:11 PM »
Love the animated Tigger, us cartoon characters gotta stick together

Surprised no-one commented that Dilbert and his author (Scott Adams) are both Americans, so I can't dislike them that much   :017:

I was, but then decided discretion might help tone things down a bit ...  :164:

Offline GRN

• Tiger Master
  • Where does that road go?
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 11:37:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by markbvt [+]

While I agree that the person who PM'd you needs to remember that this type of commentary is usually in jest, I do feel the need to point out that posting a PRIVATE message that was sent to you is incredibly rude, and is an instant banning offense on many forums.

--mark

If it's done so in a way that it's origin isn't obvious I don't find it offensive... in this case the origin is unfortunately somewhat clear. More select portions could have been quoted to eliminate identity.

I don't think it's worthy of banning, folks should be accountable for their statements regardless of the stream used to make them... simple, if you don't want it out there, don't put it out there at all. In too many cases the PM function is hidden behind as a avenue for attack w/o accountability to the community, which is much stinkier BS IMO.
Greg - Seattle, WA
AMA, MSF RC, etc.
'04 ST1300 SOLD... Heavily customized DR650 in the works 8^)

Offline DirtFreak

• Tiger Master
  • Motorcycle Addict
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 11:53:18 AM »
I'll get on a plane today if someone will spot me a round trip ticket. :062: I'd bet that y'all would enjoy riding where I live a lot more this time of year. So, bring a truck load of T8s & let's ride all around the Gulf of Mexico. When spring gets here we'll load up & head back to the mother land.

Life is way to short to get upset everytime somebody post an offensive statement. Over on ADVrider, that's all part of the fun :010:
Tarmac ruins perfectly good roads.

Offline GRN

• Tiger Master
  • Where does that road go?
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 05:35:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by DirtFreak [+]
Life is way to short to get upset everytime somebody post an offensive statement. Over on ADVrider, that's all part of the fun :010:

Or ST.n !  :050:
Greg - Seattle, WA
AMA, MSF RC, etc.
'04 ST1300 SOLD... Heavily customized DR650 in the works 8^)

Offline Boxhiller

• Tiger Member
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 05:13:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by GRN [+]
I recieved the following pm from one of our American breatheren who is clearly suffering from a humour transplant to his nether regions, since he is totally unable to see that I was already answering some of his fellow countryman's general silliness, BTW a troll is generally someone who makes dumb and hateful comments, not someone who joins in the obvious light hearted fun and banter  :138:

It's common for folks to get rubbed the wrong way for the wrong reason and pull the trigger prematurely

A sort of friendly fire so to speak.

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 12:24:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by GRN [+]
*Originally Posted by markbvt [+]

--mark

If it's done so in a way that it's origin isn't obvious I don't find it offensive... in this case the origin is unfortunately somewhat clear. More select portions could have been quoted to eliminate identity.

I don't think it's worthy of banning, folks should be accountable for their statements regardless of the stream used to make them... simple, if you don't want it out there, don't put it out there at all. In too many cases the PM function is hidden behind as a avenue for attack w/o accountability to the community, which is much stinkier BS IMO.

Good point mate, personally I would be more concerned that people were contacting me privately with comments they don't have the balls to make in a public arena, but yes just leaving the name out possibly wasn't enough if some have guessed who it was, although you may have guessed wrongly of course  :084:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline chillidave

• Tiger Member
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 09:51:29 PM »
Dilbert,Dilbert,Dilbert,............It,s everywhere you post. :110: :110: :110:........Tut,tut :008:

Offline Don T

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: CB1000R & WR250R
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2010, 12:33:26 AM »
Good point mate, personally I would be more concerned that people were contacting me privately with comments they don't have the balls to make in a public arena...

:0461:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW - WHAT A RIDE!

Recent Topics

winded-staunch