Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ******* Windy !!  (Read 1396 times)

Offline The Stripler

• Tiger Pro
  • Unleash The Fury.....
  • Bike: Street 675+Tiger
Re: ******* Windy !!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 07:14:34 PM »
Yeah its been windy, but in my opinion its been a media overload as per usual.
braced myself for today, but in the end went out to my garage and fitted my heated grips..... :150:

One weather man said yesterday, scotland will see its worst storm since records began......it mustve been in his tea cup then!!!, that said i feel bad for anyone stuck in a boat...not nice..
The Stripler.  Triumph Tiger 800xtx Roadie, Arrow Can, Engine bars, Sat Nav, Heated grips, Hugger, Beak, Gel seats, Headlight lens cover,
Triumph Street Triple 675, Too Many mods to list, seriously trick,,,,,..... mint 2000 Honda Fireblade

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 07:32:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by KildareMan [+]
Know how he feels.  Got caught once when the stabilisers couldn't be raised.  Took them 5 hours to raise them so we could dock.   :003:

I guess it depends on which boat he is on, hope he is enhoying the panoramic view of Holyhead Bay. looking t the forecast he's got a fair chance of getting in early morning, probably by midday

if its a displacement ship he should be OK
if its a high speed catamaran.......

the original cat earned the name 'the vomit comet'. it was a bit like 1960's industrial relations where the mantra was 'one out all out' :004:

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 08:12:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by The Stripler [+]
Yeah its been windy, but in my opinion its been a media overload as per usual.

Nope, it's been the real deal in parts, sounds like you've been lucky, Tuesday morning was the worst I've been over Thelwall and I've been going that way every day for the past 5-6 years, didn't even attempt it today, or yesterday, which were at least as bad, it has only been worse on two occasions and on both they've had to close both Thelwall Viaduct and Barton Bridge, the two high level motorway bridges over the Manchester Ship Canal, I've know trucks flop over in much milder conditions  :033:

I generally find the Met Office forecast to be very accurate regards what weather we're gonna have, they just never get the "when we're gonna have it" bit right  :138:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline Axel F

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Pro
******* Windy !!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 11:58:40 PM »
I did Thelwal wednesday Altrincham to skem, was a little scary, so much so took all the A and B roads back, I remember shouting whoa whoa f**k at one point

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 12:10:28 AM »
You should try Warburton bridge to get over the Shi* Canal, must be easier from Altrincham?

12p a go, but if you make a fuss about taking gloves off, etc, they usually just wave you through  :001:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline BigMike

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 01:04:34 AM »
They cancel the fast boat when there is enough breeze to fluff a handkerchief.  He was sitting there for hours, got here earlier after a very unpleasant trip.

Offline Axel F

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Pro
******* Windy !!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 01:32:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
You should try Warburton bridge to get over the Shi* Canal, must be easier from Altrincham?

12p a go, but if you make a fuss about taking gloves off, etc, they usually just wave you through  :001:

I do usually but last few times I've been through in the daytime had some miserable guy on who obviously hates bikers, did the usual routine of start taking gloves off but got no wave plus was trying to get some more miles on for service next week. I'll be back there and will take longer next time the biker hating bar steward

Recent Topics

winded-staunch