Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Camping information  (Read 794 times)

Offline BigMike

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC
Camping information
« on: December 19, 2011, 01:55:43 PM »
The site is Great Langdale in the Lake District.

You can book by visiting the national trust campsite page and hit "bookings". Same goes for the pods and the yurts. Be quick with the latter two if you want them.

www.nationaltrust.org.uk

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
Re: Camping information
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 10:39:50 PM »
I called in at the campsite over New Year and discussed our group's mega meeting in May. If you intend to use the site , you may be interested in the following:

The site has agreed to put us all together in the "Group" field.  Simply let the site know you are with the "Triumph Tiger group" and they will  allocate a pitch with our group (presume thats a good thing!)

Bad news is they don't allow vehicles to be parked on the grass, next to your tent. There is a separate hard standing area for parking vehicles. It's close by but thought you should know. Good news is that there is a small shop on the site + the pub up the road (Stickle Barn) does a cracking cooked breakfast.

I noticed that 2 other groups have already booked their sites so we need to get a move on. If you are thinking of using the site and want to be close to our main group, PLEASE BOOK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  I have negotiated the use of the Group site (away from the family field) without the need to pay a group deposit but the site needs to know how many are interested. The price is the same now or later but availabilty in this group field will be given to others if you delay, so please make your booking to avoid being disappointed.  I will post some photos of the site later. Any queries, please PM me.

Offline BigMike

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »
Rocket, in terms of booking, is it a case to ring up and quote tiger 800 or something else?

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 11:15:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by BigMike [+]
Rocket, in terms of booking, is it a case to ring up and quote tiger 800 or something else?

They just need to quote "Triumph Tiger group"  at the time of booking

UPDATE : SEE NEW INSTRUCTIONS IN ACCOMODATION BOOKING THREAD
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:09:05 AM by Rocket »

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 11:22:13 PM »
Another thing, I will trawl through the threads to see who's booked and make sure the site know they are part of our group. Obviously, those in the PODs will  have to stay where they are but the tents can be together at least.

I had a chat with the guy about numbers but I explained its too early to be sure at this stage. I estimated  between 12 and 25 but would know better by ealry Spring.  They seemed relaxed enough, in fact quite chuffed at the numbers we are expecting.

I notice he mentioned the "quiet rule" on the site after 11pm. I told him not to worry. The only noise we'll be making is in the pub! (wonder if snoring counts?)

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by Rocket [+]
...I notice he mentioned the "quiet rule" on the site after 11pm. I told him not to worry. The only noise we'll be making is in the pub! (wonder if snoring counts?)

Im guessing right now snoring doesn't count, but Ive  a sneaking suspicion it will :)

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 09:37:05 AM »
IMPORTANT

If you have booked at the Great Langdale campsite , or have tried and been refused, or intend making a booking, PLEASE PM ME ASAP. (BTW, please include your full name on the PM (the site doesn't recognise forum names  :001:)

The reason is that the site is trying to put us all together in the Goups field. They are now happy to take our bookings but need us to identify that we are part of the Triumph Tiger group. They also want to identify anyone who has already booked in order to move them to the Group field.
This obviously only applies to tent pitches (not Pod bookings or motorhomes ,... yes we even have one of those coming!)

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 11:25:45 AM »
UPDATE 3RD MARCH 2012

We have 20 pitches reserved at the Great Langdale campsite 14 of which have already been taken.  So, if you wish to camp at this site with our group , please book your pitch on line directly with the site as soon as possible. Once these pitches have gone, we will not be allowed any more becuase there are other groups using the site during the same weekend.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:10:26 PM by Rocket »

winded-staunch