Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800XC Vibration  (Read 6928 times)

Offline Marsh Tiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
Tiger 800XC Vibration
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 01:28:29 AM »
I get some mild vibration on my XC. Seemed to get worse after I installed the engine guards.

Offline jenkspj

• Non-Active
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Own an 800 XC ABS - the cat told me to do it.
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC ABS
Re: Tiger 800XC Vibration
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 06:26:41 AM »
Some other reports of vibration appearing after fitting engine bars. I rode the EX yesterday and the engine viabrated noticably. It had engine bars fitted. Makes me wonder...

The XC was in for service at the time: when it came back the chain had been adjusted to the specified travel, I'd had it lose, 1050 style. Much smoother....Seems that the geometry of the speocket and swing arm mean that if the chain is lose it rubs more on the rubbing blocks and that passes viabration to the left foot peg.

Offline SelinaXC

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Black XC & WR400
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 06:02:21 PM »
No vibes on my XC, but previous bike was a 660 single....
Back in Black - XC#2 picked up 13/08/2011
RIP XC#1 26/04/11 - 01/07/2011

Offline Marsh Tiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 07:25:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by jenkspj [+]
Some other reports of vibration appearing after fitting engine bars. I rode the EX yesterday and the engine viabrated noticably. It had engine bars fitted. Makes me wonder...

The XC was in for service at the time: when it came back the chain had been adjusted to the specified travel, I'd had it lose, 1050 style. Much smoother....Seems that the geometry of the speocket and swing arm mean that if the chain is lose it rubs more on the rubbing blocks and that passes viabration to the left foot peg.

My chain is due for adjustment. It will be interesting to see how much that helps.  As for the engine bars, I'm sure that they amplify the slight vibrations of the engine.

Offline BigMike

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 10:35:57 AM »
No vibration for me at all, and I have engine bars.  Maybe do a good check round all your bolts for correct torque.

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 02:49:48 PM »
Mines a bit more vibey at 4000 rpm but otherwise smooth. Noticed a few more tingles occasionally when bike was newer ie less than 2000 miles but has improved with age. Only other thing I notice, once or twice after a thorough cleaning of chain, it sometimes feels a bit more vibey, but this soon wears off.

Offline HughRipper

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XC
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 12:05:25 PM »
I agree. My XC is still being run in and has less than 200 kms and I notice it being vibey around 4k rpm. Its a bit hard to judge it though when you have to pull out at 5k.

*Originally Posted by Rocket [+]
Mines a bit more vibey at 4000 rpm but otherwise smooth. Noticed a few more tingles occasionally when bike was newer ie less than 2000 miles but has improved with age. Only other thing I notice, once or twice after a thorough cleaning of chain, it sometimes feels a bit more vibey, but this soon wears off.

Offline knocky

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800xc
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2018, 11:54:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Orange XC [+]
Hi all, I'm also getting a vibration through the bike but at around 4000rpm, it almost feels like dry transmition but strangely seems to get worse when cornering left. I was aware of it from day one, I've covered around 2000 miles now and it ain't getting any better. I test rode a brand new bike before I ordered mine and that one was smooth as silk. I'm just doing battle with the dealer trying to get a Triumph test rider to ride it but I'm getting nowhere fast.
 Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am having the same issues with my 2012 xc dealer seems to think there is nothing wrong with the bike.

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC,XCX, CB1300,
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 12:15:03 AM »

The type of tire tread and the condition of tire wear can have a significant influence on perceived vibration.

Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline NORTY

• Tiger Master
  • RiderCoach
  • Bike: 2012 800XC
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 02:05:05 AM »
HOLY thread resurrection, Batman!  :150:

Is this the notorious "front end bounce" or engine RPM vibration we're talking about?
MSF RIDERCOACH (RETIRED!) :)

Recent Topics

winded-staunch