Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger 800XC Vibration  (Read 6055 times)

Offline prenticemarie

• Tiger Master
  • Hinckley Triples - Moto2 GP for 2019 !
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Road
Re: Tiger 800XC Vibration
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »
My experience with my 2013 Roadie was that the Throttle Balancing must be 100% spot on for a really smooth ride, or there will be vibes. MuddySump spent a while curing my vibes this way ... Wish he was back in harness  :031:
My My, How Time Flies ... From BSA DBD34 Gold Star To Tiger 800 Road ... 1959 - 2018 !

Offline knocky

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800xc
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 07:07:32 PM »
Engine vibration at 4000 rpm to 6500 rpm. New tyres new handlebar season Andy risers. Just bike is not happy.

Went back to the dealer today after there repairs no coolant in it. No idea how that happened only bought the second bike from a dealer 50ish days ago. So i have no idea how long I have been running it with coolant. Deal thinks it might be midfireing and catching up with it self causing a vibration

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: XC,XCX, CB1300,
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2018, 12:42:27 AM »
    :435: 
Do I understand your post correctly...are you saying you have been running with no coolant?

:005:

Laterally unstable unless moving.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2018, 09:04:30 AM »
My experience with my 2013 Roadie was that the Throttle Balancing must be 100% spot on for a really smooth ride, or there will be vibes.

Could well be correct as new bikes from that time never seemed to have vibe problems, it's something that occasionally appeared slowly over time.
Need Support ? Post issues in this section: Forum Help / Issues / Problems
Alternatively, pm me about private or commercial issues/questions.

Offline knocky

• Tiger Member
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 09:07:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by knocky [+]
Engine vibration at 4000 rpm to 6500 rpm. New tyres new handlebar season Andy risers. Just bike is not happy.

Went back to the dealer today after there repairs no coolant in it. No idea how that happened only bought the second bike from a dealer 50ish days ago. So i have no idea how long I have been running it with coolant. Deal thinks it might be midfireing and catching up with it self causing a vibration

ok so i was clearly half pissed writing this.

Bike had lost a little coolant and dealer was giving the wooh and haaa treatment. my tiger is a viby we sh*t. i have test ridden another tiger and i felt the same vibs its just me

Offline knocky

• Tiger Member
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 09:09:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by prenticemarie [+]
My experience with my 2013 Roadie was that the Throttle Balancing must be 100% spot on for a really smooth ride, or there will be vibes. MuddySump spent a while curing my vibes this way ... Wish he was back in harness  :031:

I feel its the same for me now. ended up doing a 750 mile trip and the vibs got better the second day and gone the 3rd. then i dropped the bike like a fool and they came back.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch