Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Accomodation Booking Confirmations  (Read 3364 times)

Offline dallewed

• Tiger Master
  • Today is the correct time to do things
  • Bike: BMW R1250 GSA
Accomodation Booking Confirmations
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 06:05:40 PM »
Mrs Dallewed and I have booked a pod for Fri and Sat night

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:07:58 PM by dallewed »
Triumph Scrambler - Pacific Blue Jan 2016 - 2019
BMW R1200 GSA 2017 to 2019
Explorer - Blue 2013 to 2017
Tiger 800 XC - Orange 2011 - 2013
Sidney the Kidney 25 on 29th Jan 2016

Offline Whiplash

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Black 800 XC
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 01:10:14 PM »
Just had a call from langdale campsite, they are querying the group booking. Ie they do not allow groups unless booked as a group. They want a single point of contact to pay for the group.
They have said they are possibly going to cancel current bookings and refund the Money so it can be booked together. The chap I spoke to is looking into it and hoping to resolve this issue.

In case anyone else gets a call I just spoke to the Bookings co-ordinater Craig Wilson. He seems fine about it just wants to sort it out as it goes against there policy.

Offline GringoRojo

• Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
  • Tiger Jedi
  • a Doonhamer in exile
  • Bike: TigerXC ABS
Re: Accomodation Booking Confirmations
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 04:01:46 PM »
can confirm that as I've just tried to book (on 01539 463862). Ron and Mike seem to have been volunteered as points of contact for our group booking. the site asks us to hold off while they sort out who's with us and who's in what accommodation as they'd like to have us all in the group area (some pod bookings may be asked if they could tent - not sure how well that's going to go down)

watch this space apparently

Edit: one positive thing I should've mentioned, was that under the group booking he (Craig?) said we would/should get a lower rate than that of an individual booking on the web (was about 56 for 3 nights, 2 bods in a tent, one vehicle)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:42:45 PM by GringoRojo »
Countries I've ridden: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Andorra, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada (hired bike).
Memorable places: Applecross, Barra, Calanish, Lascaux, Pyrenees, Connemara, Tofino, Lillooet, Sulphur Mountain, Nordkapp, Dalsnibba, Borgund stavkirke.

Offline BigMike

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 04:17:26 PM »
Right - it seems like there has been a miscommunication somewhere. Ron talked to them and they agreed to take single bookings under "tiger 800" but somehow this has not been relayed to Craig.

Suggest anyone else holds off booking until this is resolved.  I've emailed Ron and I'm sure he'll get on to it.

Offline GringoRojo

• Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
  • Tiger Jedi
  • a Doonhamer in exile
  • Bike: TigerXC ABS
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 05:42:05 PM »
Cheers Mike.

Countries I've ridden: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Andorra, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada (hired bike).
Memorable places: Applecross, Barra, Calanish, Lascaux, Pyrenees, Connemara, Tofino, Lillooet, Sulphur Mountain, Nordkapp, Dalsnibba, Borgund stavkirke.

Offline Whiplash

• Tiger Master
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »
Cheers Mike. Watch this space I guess!

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 10:06:58 PM »
OK, think we have a solution to the previous mis-understanding. Had a call from the Site Manager today plus an email from his Business Support Officer (copied below).

The good news is that they are relaxing their normal rules in order to accomodate us. However, it is important we comply with their request to let them know who has booked at the site already. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE.

Copy of email...

I'm emailing to tidy up your group booking which has gone a little awry. I suspect it's just a case of crossed wires and it can easily be sorted out.

As you are aware we are holding a provisional booking for 20 pitches on our group field for 12th and 13th of May. However some of your members have already made individual bookings around the site.

Contrary to any earlier communications, having discussed with the campsites manager, we have resolved that:
- any existing bookings made for pods or campervans will be kept as is
- any existing tent bookings will be moved to the group field so they are sited together 
- on this occasion only, for the sake of simplicity, any further bookings can be made individually on the bookings website and we will switch them to the group field. Note: they must make it clear when booking that they are part of your group in the "special requirements".   

In order to achieve this, we need to know which of your members have a tent booking so we can move them. Please could you provide us with a list of these tent campers. I currently know only of yourself and Steve Winstanley.   

Please pass this message on to your members as it's important that we are all "on the same page".

If you need any further help please contact me directly on 015394 32733.

Apologies for any confusing messages we may have given you. 

Thanks and kind regards,

Craig Wilson
Business Support Officer

Offline spudas

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: White ABS Roadie
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 09:39:36 AM »
Hi,

I tried to book a tent pitch Fri May 11th and Sat May 12 (I. e. departure Sun May13th) but was told that "Currently, the rest of the motorcycle group that you wish to join are all arriving on Saturday 12th and departing on Monday 14th May. ".  I'm confused, have I misunderstood something or is it the campsite who don't know what they are talking about?

/Stefan

Online healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 10:06:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by spudas [+]
Hi,

I tried to book a tent pitch Fri May 11th and Sat May 12 (I. e. departure Sun May13th) but was told that "Currently, the rest of the motorcycle group that you wish to join are all arriving on Saturday 12th and departing on Monday 14th May. ".  I'm confused, have I misunderstood something or is it the campsite who don't know what they are talking about?

/Stefan

my bet would be that its the campsite that doesn't know what is going on.
FWIW its my intention to arrive Friday PM and leave Sunday

Offline Whiplash

• Tiger Master
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
Spudas I would say the campsite have it wrong. My booking confirmation says Friday PM to Sunday AM.

winded-staunch