Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Greatest bike rides Route 66 ???  (Read 4166 times)

Offline Wonko the Sane

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx'15
Re: Greatest bike rides Route 66 ???
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 12:54:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Woodentop [+]

"Most Brits and Euros love to get out on the straight, boring roads (like highway 50 and old Route 66) and ride and ride and ride. 2
Where do you get that bulls##t from???
Typical no it all yanks

"Those of you who think you know it all are particularly annoying

to those of us who do."

A sign in an aircraft radio repair shop back in the '70's. :008:

P.S.:  Thanks, DirtFreak! :028: :031:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 12:56:37 AM by Wonko the Sane »

Offline alvitdk

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: YZF600R,
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 12:29:15 PM »
Typical no it all yanks
Here we go again, looking at your previous posts, you must really dislike us (US), do you?..... Thanks for generalizing, I guess you have never even been over here and met a yank, just watching a lot of TV, do you. I hope it makes you feel better  :192:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 12:43:32 PM by alvitdk »

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by alvitdk [+]
Typical no it all yanks
Here we go again, looking at your previous posts, you must really dislike us (US), do you?..... Thanks for generalizing, I guess you have never even been over here and met a yank, just watching a lot of TV, do you. I hope it makes you feel better  :192:

there seems to be prejudice going both ways
why... mebbe in parts it was supposed tobe ligth hearted banter, mebbe there is an element of bitterness, mebbe an element of stupidty or naiiveity. its sad to see Brits commeting on 'murricans and vice versa, theres no need for that, especially when theres the French.......

who the heck cares

theres good and bad wherever you go, sometimes the difference between good & bad is just in the mind of the observer.

why concentrate on the bad points, the things that potentially divide us, and instead concentrate on the good stuff, such as bikes in general and bikes the 800 in particular.

Offline Ted99uk

• Tiger Member
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 02:23:41 PM »
I have travelled widely all over the world since 1958.
In 2003 I did a big 9 week 10,000 mile biking trip round 12 of the USA Western states.
I was OVERWHELMED with hospitality and friendliness. I was not expecting it and it completely bowled me over.
I know I was a lone Brit on a bike at the time of the Gulf War and the Brits were the only ones supporting the USA.
BUT!!!
Mostly the friendliness showed itself BEFORE they even knew I was a Brit because I was riding USA registered bikes.
I would ride into a regional town in the wide open spaces of the US West. Before I had even got off the bike there would be someone talking to me and welcoming me to their town. When they heard me speak that was IT. You don't need a motel, stay with us, come and meet the guys, come and eat with us, etc, etc. I can't tell you what a truly great time I had.

Go there and see for yourself before you knock them.
I don't know what it is like in the East, but out West it is just the most superb place to go ride a bike.
Thank you to all you USA citizens.

Can us Brits honestly say that we welcome visiting overseas bikers like that? Or even remotely like that?

Ted.

Offline Woodentop

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 98'Tbird Tig 800
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 08:14:25 PM »
See wot I mean  :150:
*Originally Posted by alvitdk [+]
Typical no it all yanks

Recent Topics