Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RoadBike magazine (US)  (Read 3357 times)

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
RoadBike magazine (US)
« on: February 08, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »
The March / April 2012 edition of RoadBike, Motorcycle Cruising, has a road-test of the Tiger800 -- "Tiger Tale, Triple the Fun".
Tester Tricia Szulewski gave a fairly representative account (I think...) of the Tiger800 -- one that's a little different from what's found in the 'big name' mags (some good pics, too).
This issue of RoadBike -- formerly: Motorcycle Tour & Cruiser -- formerly: Motorcycle Tour & Travel has, on the cover (if you're looking for it on a magazine rack), a photo of a white Polaris Victory Tourer ($22K...).
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Offline Reaper

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC Blk
Re: RoadBike magazine (US)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 06:50:47 PM »
 :187:  ................ this one?

http://www.roadbikemag.com/home/2012-triumph-tiger-800xc-motorcycle-test/

:138: Few words ................... but just love the photos  :028:
62' Plate - 2013 Tiger 800XC -  In the ONLY colour to have - BLACK  - The Darker The Better

Offline AvgBear

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '12 Venom Roadie
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 07:51:25 PM »
Yes, that's the one -- thanks.
Lots more words in the paper version -- but a bunch more good pics on-line.
There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.
WSC

Offline cunestu

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Blue XRx
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 07:54:44 PM »
Interestingly the reviewer states the BMW style powerpoint is only powered when the ignition is on.

Is this a recent change to the later model tigers?  Mine is live regardless of whether ignition is on or off, it's how I power my optimate.

I recall BigMike stating his is only live with ignition on, anyone else have this set-up on their bike?
Sometimes I like to squat down, put my arms around my legs and lean forward but that's just how I roll.

Offline raylo

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Wh T800 ABS road
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 03:05:34 AM »
Mine is always live.  2012 model built April 2011.

*Originally Posted by cunestu [+]
Interestingly the reviewer states the BMW style powerpoint is only powered when the ignition is on.

Is this a recent change to the later model tigers?  Mine is live regardless of whether ignition is on or off, it's how I power my optimate.

I recall BigMike stating his is only live with ignition on, anyone else have this set-up on their bike?

Recent Topics