Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Social Event items - UPDATES  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
Social Event items - UPDATES
« on: April 18, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »
If you are participating in the Mega Meet weekend, I need your input on the following in order to get things properly organised.

1. Food

The New Dungeon Ghyll hotel will lay on food on Friday and Saturday night plus let us use the dining room privately when the other hotel guests have eaten (only 2 friday night but 16 Americans on Saturday)

They propose to do home made pie (incl a vegetarian option) and chips on Friday and a curry or stew on Saturday. Guests also have the option of the usual restaurant menu but the group meal option will be cheaper (10 per head).

PLEASE INDICATE WHICH OPTION YOU PREFER - GROUP MEAL OR RESTAURANT.

2. Competitions

PLEASE INDICATE WHETHER YOU WOULD LIKE THESE TO BE INCLUDED AS PART OF OUR SOCIAL TIME TOGETHER

Quiz
Other competition (eg most farkled bike, furthest travelled etc.... Still ot be decided)

3. Guest speaker

I have (tentatively) organised a guest speaker from the Cumbrian TRF (Trail Riders Federation) .Steve Dighills is the Rights of Way Officer for the Cumbrian TRF and has offered to give us a 45 minute slide show and chat on Saturday evening about trail riding in the Lake District, including how to find the best (legal ) trails for you budding off-roaders. He will be joined (still to be confirmed) by Rob Wilson who has travelled the world on old BMWs and has an interesting tale or two from his travels.

PLEASE INDICATE YOUR INTEREST IN THIS (OR OTHERWISE ) BEFORE I CONFIRM STEVE JOINING US

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:52:55 PM by Rocket »

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: Social Event items - YOUR INPUT NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 07:47:13 PM »
Food
Pie and curry/ stew option's fine for me, Mrs D will be Ok with a curry one night (I guess), but will deffo need me to pay for a proper meal for her on the pie night  :001:

Competitions
Could be Ok, or could be cheesy, hard to gauge  :016:

Speakers
No great interest in either, but if enough peeps want them then we'd come along, should be quite entertaining anyhoo  :028:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:52:45 PM »
Thanks Dilbert. Will PM you shortly. Want to pick your brains on some stuff

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocket [+]
Want to pick your brains on some stuff

That won't take long  :125:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 07:58:40 PM »
Food: I'm happy on the group option, there is however a feint possibility that I may be coerced into the restaurant option  :211:
Competitions / Entertainment: never done a weekend/overnight one before (with the exception of a Versys one in 2009). They could be a great ice breaker (if you are allowed to use that term so close to the sinking of the Titanic). I'm happy to muck in and participate, but then again my choice of avatar isn't just an image so beer is just as good as a social lubricant.
Speakers: not fussed, if there's something on I may  listen, but to be honest trails in the Lake District doesn't float my boat, although the RTW tractor driver almost certainly would
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:11:03 PM by healdem »

Offline Toeknee

• Tiger Pro
  • Formerly bikerboy944
  • Bike: Africa Twin
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 09:01:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
Food: I'm happy on the group option, there is however a feint possibility that I may be coerced into the restaurant option  :211:
Competitions / Entertainment: never done a weekend/overnight one before (with the exception of a Versys one in 2009). They could be a great ice breaker (if you are allowed to use that term so close to the sinking of the Titanic). I'm happy to muck in and participate, but then again my choice of avatar isn't just an image so beer is just as good as a social lubricant.
Speakers: not fussed, if there's something on I may  listen, but to be honest trails in the Lake District doesn't float my boat, although the TW tractor driver almost certainly would

What he said +1 (apart from the Versys weekend...........that's just weird!!)
Tony

Offline mike2294

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger 800
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »
1. Food- group option would be fine for me both nights.

2. Quizes are usually good for a few laughs

3. Guest speaker-although i haven't done any green laning myself, am always interested in other peoples experiences.

Offline spudas

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: White ABS Roadie
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 09:14:43 PM »
 :0461:  (with mike)

/Stefan

Offline TripleDick

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Super Tenere
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »
Food. Group option is fine for me.

Quiz. This could be a great source of amuzement and humiliation! Whatever it will be a bit of fun i'm sure.

Speakers. I think if they're willing to give us our time then we should at least be appreciative and listen to them although green laning in the lakes is not to everyones taste, but travelling round the world on a german tractor certainly is to me anyway!

How Hard Can It Be?  Adventure before Dementure!
800XC
1050 SPORT
Super Tenere 1200

Offline cunestu

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Blue XRx
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 10:25:13 PM »
1. Food:  Will probably go with restaurant menu for wider range of choice.

2. Quiz:  Sounds like fun, as long as it's not like some I've been to that take all night to complete.  Funny, the longer they take the more difficult the questions become, or is that just me  :031:

3.  Speaker:  Not particularly fussed, wouldn't have much interest in the subject matter.
Sometimes I like to squat down, put my arms around my legs and lean forward but that's just how I roll.