Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 500 mile service  (Read 10701 times)

Offline markbvt

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Bonnie/T800XC
Re: 500 mile service
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 04:53:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by Seed [+]
I asked the service manager at Jack Lilley why they might install a new fuelling map at the first service, and he explained it would just be a routine update. At every service they will check which map is installed on your bike, and if a newer one is available they will install that instead. They don't use a pre-first-service "break-in" map.

Excellent, thanks for clearing that up for us.

--mark
2001 Bonneville (caffeinated) / 2003 XR650L / 2011 Tiger 800 XC ABS

Offline regit800

• Tiger Member
  • taste it, and don,t leave it
  • Bike: in process
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 04:48:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Seed [+]
I asked the service manager at Jack Lilley why they might install a new fuelling map at the first service, and he explained it would just be a routine update. At every service they will check which map is installed on your bike, and if a newer one is available they will install that instead. They don't use a pre-first-service "break-in" map.

The fuelling maps are subject to ongoing development so a new one could be released at any time.

Of course if you decide to get the Arrow replacement silencer then the dealer will install a bespoke map for it. The Arrow map is optimised for the can with the baffle out (probably to avoid the mixture running too lean), but will also work fine with the baffle in.

Excellent !! thanks for it !! I suggest the dealer to give me my new bike with the latest software on it...I'll know when it will be available next Tuesday!!

Offline Tiger Tale

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 1050 Tiger DR650
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 05:26:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
for those who practise Zen and the black art of motorcycle maintenance, then surely its not a major task to swing by a dealer and get the remapping done, when convenient for both. if the service takes less than an hour.. then a remap must be a matter of minutes.... probably get charged an hours labout mind you, unless you pre agree the uploading as part of the sale.

gwan be honest, how much time could you waste at a dealer slavering over the bikes and whatever else whilst the bike is being tinkered with.... treat it as aan excuse to go call in to the dealer. heck play your cards right and it could become a regular excuse.. "sorry darling, got to pop down to the dealers to get the ECU remapped"  :138:
IIRC, US Triumph dealers install new Tunes ... FREE ... during the warranty period. Can any US Triumph riders confirm (or deny) this??  :187:
This would make sense especially if the "new" Tune is in fact the real Tune meant to be run after the break in period. I would think a "break-in" Tune would be fluffier (rich) and perhaps limit RPM's a bit?  :084:

Offline t8coco

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: SPEED TRIPLE R
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »
 I was told by a guy a few years ago that at the 500 service they plug in for a remap

and at the same time they check to see if the bike has been over reved,  :084: Not sure

about this but just food for thougth  :087:
Steve

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 09:48:07 AM »
Get TuneECU, free, you just need to buy a cable, mine cost 11.  The advantage over the tuneboy software, apart from being free, is that you can upload your existing tune from the bike.  Once that is done you have a reference.  Get the updated tune at the 1st service, upload that as well and use the TuneECU comparison function.

http://www.tomhamburg.net/TuneECU_En/links.html
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline brid tiger

• Tiger Master
  • Jet tiger the best colour.....
  • Bike: tiger 800
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 02:50:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by t8coco [+]
I was told by a guy a few years ago that at the 500 service they plug in for a remap

and at the same time they check to see if the bike has been over reved,  :084: Not sure

about this but just food for thougth  :087:

Thats me fecked then.... :007:
Based in Bridlington on the East coast of the UK............

Offline STRoll

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 08:14:21 PM »
Every bikes history of abuse stored at the Triumph Command Centre....."the part exchange on your bike sir.... let me just check on my computer sir.... Scary
A Dark Side Tiger

Offline Stevo

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger XC
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 08:45:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by STRoll [+]
Every bikes history of abuse stored at the Triumph Command Centre....."the part exchange on your bike sir.... let me just check on my computer sir.... Scary
"computer says.....no"
Orange Tiger XC with ABS arrived 5th May 2011

Offline Stevo

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger XC
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 08:46:39 PM »
BTW, when I had the first service on my Ducati 749S they told me that the run in oil was semi synthetic and after that fully synthetic.
Orange Tiger XC with ABS arrived 5th May 2011

Offline brid tiger

• Tiger Master
  • Jet tiger the best colour.....
  • Bike: tiger 800
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 01:51:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by STRoll [+]

Could you just imagine taking your bike in for part-ex and them plugging it in "One carefull owner sir"......NO.... :007:
Based in Bridlington on the East coast of the UK............

Recent Topics

winded-staunch