Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TIGER MEET - DID YOU GET BACK SAFELY?  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
TIGER MEET - DID YOU GET BACK SAFELY?
« on: May 13, 2012, 06:22:55 PM »
Please post here to let us know you got back from the Tiger Meet in the Lakes safely.

Would also be interested to know about any highlights of the journey home.

Whilst several of us have already arrived home, others will be travelling for up to a couple of days.

Popped in to Langdale Hotel to say goodbye to Mr & Mrs D8ona,  and had a sit on Mrs D8ona's Harley  :018: We all agree  it would have managed Hardnott.
I decided to take the scenic route back to Derby so took the Hawes road across the Yorkshire Dales. Roads dry and not much traffic + the wind was behind me so the ride was great. Turned south , just after Aysgarth to do the B6160 (even more fabulous road), then on to Harrogate. Suffered the horrible side winds on the A1 and M1 all the way back to Derby after that, but it was worth it.

Offline GringoRojo

• Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
  • Tiger Jedi
  • a Doonhamer in exile
  • Bike: TigerXC ABS
Re: TIGER MEET - DID YOU GET BACK SAFELY?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 07:14:19 PM »
We decided to not stay another night at the campsite seeing as how no one else was hanging round. Headed to my Mum's just over the Border so not a long trip, but it was a bit nasty with that severe sidewind.
Just 90miles up the M74 tomorrow - hope the weather is a bit kinder.

Cracking weekend though and cheers to the principle organisers: Rocket and Hartsideman, but also to everyone else for their contributions and banter. As usual with first time meets, people aren't always what you expect them to be - but its all good I hasten to add.

Alan & Karen
Countries I've ridden: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Andorra, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada (hired bike).
Memorable places: Applecross, Barra, Calanish, Lascaux, Pyrenees, Connemara, Tofino, Lillooet, Sulphur Mountain, Nordkapp, Dalsnibba, Borgund stavkirke.

Offline Whiplash

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Black 800 XC
TIGER MEET - DID YOU GET BACK SAFELY?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 07:22:25 PM »
Sorry I missed most of you this morning but I would up early and decided to get cracking before it got to busy. Managed to get home in 5 hours so not bad, just two fuel stops, one only six miles from home but had been running on empty for a number of miles and bottled it.

Great weekend over all, thanks to everyone for making it a friendly meet. It was my first but certainly won't be my last.

Already looking forward to the next one!!,

Steve

Offline Toeknee

• Tiger Pro
  • Formerly bikerboy944
  • Bike: Africa Twin
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 08:13:26 PM »
Well, I'm finally home from this fantastic weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed the ride-out yesterday and was delighted to spend time with such a fine bunch of folks. Did the trip home on the Explorer from Chorley to Shepperton non-stop except for a quick refill at Banbury Tesco (pay-at-pump so I didn't have to even get off!) and covered it in *.*hrs!!! Total round trip of 704 miles for me and I know there are a few who will have travelled a lot further. Thanks to everybody and good luck to Cunestu and Mrs Cunestu. I'm down your way next weekend Rozzer so if the weather looks ok, me and my lad may ride over to Bude for an Ice-cream.
Tony

Offline Dilbert

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 08:22:24 PM »
We arrived home late lunchtime, yeah windy down the M6, but not a lot more than usual ( it's always ******** windy on the M6) so we blatted down and over Thelwall then cross country down the A50.

Caught up with the Dalleweds, Stefan and Justin and Kerry at Charnock Richard and had a coffee before setting off for the last leg, there seemed to be plenty of other bikes out and about and it stayed sunny and dry all the way.

A mere 475 miles all in for us including getting there and back  :028:
Now available in "Batman"

Offline TripleDick

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Super Tenere
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 08:33:09 PM »
Arrived back after about 6 hours of lovely ride across the dales and having breakfast in hawes and more horrendous side winds down the A1. Thanks once again to rocket and hartsideman for a fantastic weekend and it was really nice to put faces to names. I'm sure we've all made some new friends and looking foreward to the next one. :047:
How Hard Can It Be?  Adventure before Dementure!
800XC
1050 SPORT
Super Tenere 1200

Offline gingermonster

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger800xc
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 09:05:40 PM »
got to admit was knackered after yesterday top day out clocked 230 miles in total dont think i have every ridden that far in a day on a bike was suffering from a seriously numb arse as was the wife  :046:

Offline hartsideman

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: stripple 765 R
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by gingermonster [+]
got to admit was knackered after yesterday top day out clocked 230 miles in total dont think i have every ridden that far in a day on a bike was suffering from a seriously numb arse as was the wife  :046:

gel seat = no more  :192:
It's Here and it's Freaking Awesome "nuff Said"

I've learned sooo much from my mistakes.. I'm thinking of making some more ;-)

Offline D8ona

• Tiger Jedi
  • I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Bike: 865 Scrambler
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 09:50:26 PM »
Aye back safe around 5pm
 :417:
First 100 miles very side windy, next 130 miles very very side windy and very wet as well, all adds to the experience!  :190: Ha! Mrs D said "wind ? what wind?" from the comfort of her padded harley saddle watching me on my Tyger getting blasted from side to side across 3 motorway lanes every 5 minutes.
Thanks to all for making us welcome and everyone contributing to a really great weekend. Special thanks to Rocket ( Now we know your dark secret!) Hartsideman, Healdem and Dilbert. Special respect to the girls who conquered Hardknott who have inspired Mrs D to tackle anything now, apart from hill starts maybe? :064:, Hardknott toughest bit of road riding ive done for probably ever! Best wishes to our Irish friends for a quick recovery. pics n other stuff to follow. Thanks again to you all.
There's someone in my head but its not me..?
Ducati MTS 950 - Monster 1100 Evo - Zed900RS - Scrambler 900 - 1998 Daytona 900 - 1997 Ducati ST2

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 10:54:32 PM »
On the way home.....A684 towards Hawes, Yorkshire Dales (those Anakee2's gripped like glue)