Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TIGER MEET - DID YOU GET BACK SAFELY?  (Read 2239 times)

Offline andyrut

• Tiger Jedi
  • always willing to the extra mile
  • Bike: Roadie
Re: TIGER MEET - DID YOU GET BACK SAFELY?
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 11:08:15 PM »
All i can say is ...................... bugger - what did i miss  :087:

Glad that you guy's had a good time - can i book now for next year?

Andy
Honda Varedero
Kawasaki Versys
Tiger 800 ABS

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 07:41:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by andyrut [+]
All i can say is ...................... bugger - what did i miss  :087:

Glad that you guy's had a good time - can i book now for next year?

Andy

It lived up to its name Andy - the ride was "mega",  so was the weather , and our base , and the people, and the food,  and the T shirts, and (as you can see) the photos, and ride home, and, and, and.

The only sad point was one of us had an "off" and suffered a broken shoulder. But even that was a dramatic affair - top of Hardnott pass, Tiger group co-operated with the rescue services to close the road, attended to Mrs C , helicopter (air ambulance) came, couldn't land then finally found a spot - on the road  :033: , attended to Mrs C then whisked her off to Whithaven , followed by Mr C on his bike.  Quite a day. Mrs C is in good spirits though and both Mr and Mrs C plan to be back next year - she is our hero :031:

The accident hasn't dampened spirits of the group either. We're already planning a meet in 2013. Same group (hopefully plus others) , same week in May, different location (to be decided by the group) . Watch this space. You must be with us this time matey  :016:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:43:59 AM by Rocket »

Offline dallewed

• Tiger Master
  • Today is the correct time to do things
  • Bike: BMW R1250 GSA
TIGER MEET - DID YOU GET BACK SAFELY?
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 12:44:13 PM »
Mrs Dallewed, Justin, Kerry and I rode together as far as Leominster and then went our separate ways. Enjoyed meeting up with Mr and Mrs Dilbert at the services on the M6. Got home at 6.15pm after a lovely ride down the A49, in wonderful weather. Bliss!
Triumph Scrambler - Pacific Blue Jan 2016 - 2019
BMW R1200 GSA 2017 to 2019
Explorer - Blue 2013 to 2017
Tiger 800 XC - Orange 2011 - 2013
Sidney the Kidney 25 on 29th Jan 2016

Offline dallewed

• Tiger Master
  • Today is the correct time to do things
  • Bike: BMW R1250 GSA
TIGER MEET - DID YOU GET BACK SAFELY?
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 12:46:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by dallewed [+]
Mrs Dallewed, Justin, Kerry and I rode together as far as Leominster and then went our separate ways. Enjoyed meeting up with Mr and Mrs Dilbert at the services on the M6. Got home at 6.15pm after a lovely ride down the A49, in wonderful weather. Bliss!
Oh and 1570 miles for the round trip, via Newcastle, Dundee, Cairngorms, Inverness, Loch Ness, Fort William, Port William and of course, the Lake District.
Triumph Scrambler - Pacific Blue Jan 2016 - 2019
BMW R1200 GSA 2017 to 2019
Explorer - Blue 2013 to 2017
Tiger 800 XC - Orange 2011 - 2013
Sidney the Kidney 25 on 29th Jan 2016

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 12:52:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by dallewed [+]

best watch out, 'she' doesn't like being called Mrs Dilbert  :110:

Offline Dalesbiker1

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 01:10:03 PM »
Had to leave early with Tigerman416 but we still went over the pass. Thoroughly enjoyed my first 'real' ride out on the Tiger - clutch hand was absolutely knackered by the time we arrived home in Hawes, and spent all Sunday recovering from the exertion! Thanks to all involved though. :020:

Offline JMc

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger800
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 01:17:55 PM »
A big thanks to everyone who helped to put this together, the ride, company and location where all of the highest quality. Kerrie and I enjoyed our 1st big ride away and are looking forward to meeting up again soon. We covered 622 miles altogether, big thanks to Ann and Dave (Dallewed's) for their company on the way home and the very nice Sunday roast we stopped off for........

I have booked the same weekend in the calender in anticipation ! :001: If any of you are down our way please contact us for a coffee and ride out.

Photos taken by my on board photographer to follow............

Offline BigMike

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 800XC
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by gingermonster [+]
got to admit was knackered after yesterday top day out clocked 230 miles in total dont think i have every ridden that far in a day on a bike was suffering from a seriously numb arse as was the wife  :046:

Give bootleg bike seats a ring in preston. Ask for daniel. He's doing my seat at the moment.  18 mil gel pad and raising the whole thing. Not expensive.  Did a great job on the seat from my Husky.

Online rozzer

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '16 1050 Sport
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 07:41:12 PM »
Left the Hotel this morning at 0945 ish and cracked on down the M6 and M5 to Exeter where I had afrank and meaningfull discussion with me dealer re my new centre stand,those who were there will know,had a good ride following the rain clouds,roads got damp afew times but no rain.

Offline gingermonster

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: tiger800xc
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 07:47:11 PM »
cheers big mike will do