Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: BT23  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Toontje

• Tiger Pro
  • Motorcycle instructor
  • Bike: 800 SapphireBlue
Re: BT23
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »
Every time you stick on new rubber it feels much better than the old ones. Duh! So when you change to another NEW tyre it surely will feel better!
I have been riding Trailwings and Battlewings for the last 20 years and they've never let me down. So I'm not gonna risk a disapointment by changing to other tyres. I even went for the Battlewings ( front 110, rear 150) on my roadie at zero kms.
So why pay more for pure streetrubber?
Greets, Toontje

Offline trippleT

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 11:06:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Toontje [+]
Every time you stick on new rubber it feels much better than the old ones. Duh! So when you change to another NEW tyre it surely will feel better!
I have been riding Trailwings and Battlewings for the last 20 years and they've never let me down. So I'm not gonna risk a disapointment by changing to other tyres. I even went for the Battlewings ( front 110, rear 150) on my roadie at zero kms.
So why pay more for pure streetrubber?
I think because streetrubber performs better on more than one level in comparison to allroad rubber (at least with the scorpions). I don't know what a set of battlewings will cost, but I payed 265,= all in for a set of dunlop roadsmarts.

Offline Mike31

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 09:52:58 AM »

(hh a tyre thread    Can't beat Dunlop RoadSmart )  :0461: don't find best for wet road

Offline Toontje

• Tiger Pro
  • Motorcycle instructor
  • Bike: 800 SapphireBlue
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 08:14:35 PM »
I found a set of Battlewings for about 220,00.

I scraped the steps of all my bikes and I never had to avoid unpaved roads. So my question allways is: why pure streettyres on an allroad bike?
Greets, Toontje

Offline trippleT

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by Toontje [+]
I found a set of Battlewings for about 220,00.

I scraped the steps of all my bikes and I never had to avoid unpaved roads. So my question allways is: why pure streettyres on an allroad bike?
Because we can!  And because is drives better as well.

Offline Jon H

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger, obviously
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by trippleT [+]
Because we can!  And because is drives better as well.
:0461:

And if you've no intention of off road riding it makes perfect sense.
"Endless motorbike talk can and does bore me." Barry Sheene

Offline STREEPJE

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 02:10:48 PM »
Thanks all for the replies now,
It confirmed I have a good tyre now with my Dunlop Roadsmarts,
but also made clear BT23 is a good option
Next set I might go for them to see what's the best for ME
 :417:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
  • Bike: T800 FZ1N CBR929
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 07:04:07 PM »
Bt023 go on mine Tuesday . Had them on my cbr 929 cbr 954 got them on my Fz1n and I give them some stick. And they have never let go yet. But most of all they give you good feed back. I am taking off a good set of tyres on a tiger I just bought to put these on. The most important thing is keeping your bike the right way up, so never buy my tyres buy price I buy the best tyre for the job. BT023 all the way for me.
Stand behind our troops,if not feel free to stand in front of them

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 08:41:13 PM »
Just had the bt023 fitted to the tiger today (have them on all my bikes, just love them) what a shock thought something was wrong with the bike. never have i seen such a change on a bike. having to fight the bike on corners. bike picks its own line on bends ie drops low lol. the first 50 miles i was shitting it thought i must have not put the wheels back on right( but i know what i am doing. do it in my sleep) it was that bad. anyway after 100 miles starting to get used to them, bike really does lean over on the bends  :183: so much so i only have 3mm left of my chicken strip and i was not even trying. never have i seen such a change in a bike. and i go though 2 sets of tyres a year some times 3 on my bikes. have ridden 100s of bikes all different tyres. but have never put a new set on and then thought the bike was broken, very odd, will take some getting used to.got back re checked everything, and all is right.laser line checked rear wheel to make sure it was straight. re checked the tyre pressure. even dropped each of them 4 psi as i have dropped a bit of weight to 13 stone so 14 kitted out. really can not believe the difference between the two tyres on one bike. Saying all this the bike does stick to the road really well.am sure after 3 or 4 rides it will be normal and better it's just getting used to the bike wanting to lean like a race bike, yet being in a touring position but tyres do hold well. Plus I get the new shock in 2 weeks so should be much better. Also this is my first touring bike so never put sport touring tyres on a tourer so the difference I guess is normal
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:36:43 PM by ENGLISHBANDIT »

Offline ENGLISHBANDIT

• Tiger Master
  • ENGLISHBANDIT
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 08:13:20 AM »
Tyres perfect now after second ride. now feel normal still can not believe the difference between the two tyres. Anyway best thing i did putting on the bt023. i can now ride the bike like one of my sports bikes. sticks like sh*t to the road. corners like its on rails. I went out yesterday rode the bike like i stole it. never skipped or missed a beat even had a R1 rider try to lose me for 6 or 7 miles NOT :492:. they really do feel so much better on the bike. the bike now just flows in and out of corners. love them now they still like to drop into corners but once you know thats what they want to do you just go with it and keep the speed on. i am cornering 10 to 15 mph faster with these on  :001: and have no chicken strips at all on rear tyre :062:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch