Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Someone with engine problems ?  (Read 2815 times)

Offline regit800

• Tiger Member
  • taste it, and don,t leave it
  • Bike: in process
Someone with engine problems ?
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:20:54 AM »
Hi everybody !!
My wish is near, but I want to ask the new 800 owners their experiences with this new engines...Sometimes, when a new bike model appears, it's usually to have some deficiencies solved by services, which is horrible :151:
(my last BMW F800S had been remained too many times to the official service...)
Anybody knows something about this ?

Thanks and sorry for my english... :431:

Offline doughnut

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White T800, ABS
Re: Someone with engine problems ?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 08:48:15 PM »
I dont imagine any issues with the Tiger, this is an incarnation of the same technology they use a lot of. The F800 on the other hand was quite a new engine and it took some time to resolve the issues.

Offline doughnut

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White T800, ABS
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 11:45:11 PM »
One recall already, so clearly the newbies are the guinea pigs, same as the F800

Offline regit800

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 10:38:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by doughnut [+]
One recall already, so clearly the newbies are the guinea pigs, same as the F800
Do you know something about this recall? we know that's a new engine , but based on the 675cc: it would be enough tested, isn't it??? :430:

Offline cunestu

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Blue XRx
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 01:57:59 PM »
Regit800

There's an existing post on the recall situation, search under 'recall' and you'll find it   :152:
Sometimes I like to squat down, put my arms around my legs and lean forward but that's just how I roll.

Offline regit800

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 04:39:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by cunestu [+]
Regit800

There's an existing post on the recall situation, search under 'recall' and you'll find it   :152:

Thanks cunestu ! I've just post on it  :062:

Offline Tiger Tale

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 1050 Tiger DR650
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 05:38:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by doughnut [+]
Clearly, newbie Tiger owners are all sort of Beta testers. Bound to be this way with any new model. As similar as the 800 is to the 675, it is still essentially an ALL NEW MOTOR, with mostly all new internal parts.

But if the past is any indication of the future ... then Triumph should be far ahead of BMW in this area. BMW have the highest recall record in the industry. HD is 2nd. (Source: MIC) Following owner boards the last ten years only confirms just how many issues BMW owners (on most ALL BMW's) are faced with. I follow the R1100/R1150/R1200 GS boards most closely, but in the last year have followed the F800GS boards as well. Grim, very grim.

Triumph aren't perfect by any means, but I'm guessing the percentage of problems/failures/recalls on Triumph falls in the 3% to 5% area, whereas BMW rate about 20% to 25%, this last figure quoted by a long time BMW dealer owner ... and good riding buddy. He likes it that way. You should see his house ... and his boat!  :008:

For reference the Suzuki Vstrom shows a problem percentage of 1% to 2%.

Recent Topics