Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: H2Sport  (Read 3115 times)

Offline trippleT

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
H2Sport
« on: January 29, 2011, 08:15:03 AM »
Hello all,

I just introduced myself and allready have a question:

does anyone here have experience with the water- and windproof leather combi H2Sport? I would like to buy it but I'm not sure if the suite really is wind- and waterproof. And for 800,= I want to be sure!

Thanks in advance!

Offline trippleT

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
Re: H2Sport
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:39:32 AM »
Hi guys,

nobody here who has a H2Sport? Or is it to early (not enough time to use) to say anything about the suit?

Offline GringoRojo

• Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
  • Tiger Jedi
  • a Doonhamer in exile
  • Bike: TigerXC ABS
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 09:55:12 AM »
Probably the first. Who makes the suit?

I've got the Hein Gericke Master 5 suit. Very waterproof. Works for me with an electric liner. Not cheap though.
Countries I've ridden: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Andorra, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada (hired bike).
Memorable places: Applecross, Barra, Calanish, Lascaux, Pyrenees, Connemara, Tofino, Lillooet, Sulphur Mountain, Nordkapp, Dalsnibba, Borgund stavkirke.

Offline trippleT

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 11:20:59 AM »
*Originally Posted by GringoRojo [+]

I've got the Hein Gericke Master 5 suit. Very waterproof. Works for me with an electric liner. Not cheap though.
I think that Triumph makes the suits themselfs. The Hg Master 5 is a textile suit is it not?

Offline GringoRojo

• Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
  • Tiger Jedi
  • a Doonhamer in exile
  • Bike: TigerXC ABS
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 02:01:24 PM »
yep, goretex layer is in the outer shell, not the inner layers so when it's wet (which happens only rarely in the west of Scotland  :017: ) the jacket doesn't increase in weight by half a dozen kilos as it soaks up the water.
Countries I've ridden: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Andorra, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada (hired bike).
Memorable places: Applecross, Barra, Calanish, Lascaux, Pyrenees, Connemara, Tofino, Lillooet, Sulphur Mountain, Nordkapp, Dalsnibba, Borgund stavkirke.

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 03:50:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by trippleT [+]
*Originally Posted by GringoRojo [+]

I think that Triumph makes the suits themselfs. The Hg Master 5 is a textile suit is it not?

I doubt very much that Triumph make the suits themselves, more likely they are made to Triumphs designs or requirements. ferinstance some of Triumphs boots are / were made by Alpinestars and are dual branded

Offline cunestu

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Blue XRx
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 07:34:44 PM »
Hello all,

does anyone here have experience with the water- and windproof leather combi H2Sport? I would like to buy it but I'm not sure if the suite really is wind- and waterproof. And for 800,= I want to be sure!

Thanks in advance!

tripleT
If you would like to but it, my advice is buy it.  Triumph gear is of good quality and I'm sure there must be some law that states if they advertise something as water/windproof then it has to be water/wind proof.  If it's not fit for purpose - take it back.  Have you seen it in the flesh, so to speak?  Is the leather itself water/windproof or does it have detachable inner layers that perform these functions?

Sometimes I like to squat down, put my arms around my legs and lean forward but that's just how I roll.

Offline trippleT

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 11:47:48 AM »
*Originally Posted by cunestu [+]
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!

tripleT
If you would like to but it, my advice is buy it.  Triumph gear is of good quality and I'm sure there must be some law that states if they advertise something as water/windproof then it has to be water/wind proof.  If it's not fit for purpose - take it back.  Have you seen it in the flesh, so to speak?  Is the leather itself water/windproof or does it have detachable inner layers that perform these functions?
I've seen it in the flesh, tried it allready! The leather itself is water/windproof (Z-liner or something like that), but nothing like pro-shell. So the suit gets heavy after a shouwer.

Offline doughnut

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White T800, ABS
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 01:54:17 PM »
Cant be good then, if it holds the water. I have a cheapo'ish HG Z liner jacket which is waterproof but gets a bit weighty when its raining and also doesn't dry to quickly either. Hence the reason I am looking at a Halvarsson jacket. I did take a look at the HG Master5 and Rukka, but they are too much . I would buy the Master 5 if it was 500, but not 750. I did get lucky though and got some HG PSX-RS trousers from the HG Ebay shop for just over 100, they are a mix of ProShell textile and leather for the  :192:, hips, knees etc...

Recent Topics

winded-staunch