Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TEX XC  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Dex

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
Re: TEX XC
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 05:53:35 PM »
The big problem with those wheels is that there are two inner flanges for the spokes. So in between the two is a massive channel for crap to collect in and making it a nightmare to clean :(
***There are few of life's problems which can't be solved with sufficient application of High Explosive***

Offline Goulash

• Tiger Master
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 09:40:09 AM »
You mean you'd take that beast off road? Too heavy. Look how many times Ewan and Charlie dropped their beemers. Maybe it's just me, but all of these bikes and that includes my 800 are imho, too heavy for real off road work. I'd use a 400 or 650 at most. The Dora XC looks nice but it's place is on the road where it belongs
"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

Offline Dex

• Tiger Master
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 11:02:06 AM »
Even more of an issue on the road - grit and road salt collecting in between the flanges and corroding those nice shiny wheels :(
***There are few of life's problems which can't be solved with sufficient application of High Explosive***

winded-staunch