Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rox risers  (Read 14005 times)

Offline Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
Re: Rox risers
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2021, 07:42:45 PM »
For numbness in fingers maybe you people should try grip puppies, though no clue if you can
still fell the heating grips through.

Offline K1W1

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: XRX
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2021, 01:52:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by Djairouks [+]
For numbness in fingers maybe you people should try grip puppies, though no clue if you can
still fell the heating grips through.

Yes. I have had grip puppies and heated grips on both Tigers and you can feel the heated grips no problem.
I find the standard grips on Tigers to be too small in diameter for comfort even though I do not have large hands. The larger diameter with the grip puppies on is much more comfortable.
One problem with narrow grips is that they cause the rider to clench their hands excessively to hold on. This stretches gloves and if the ends of the riders fingers are touching the ends of their gloves (inside) it will cause numbness over time. There are very sensitive nerve endings in fingertips. Often finger numbness on motorcycles is caused by gloves with too short fingers rather than vibration from the bike people just blame vibration as it is perceived as being the logical cause.

Offline Adventure Bike Shop

• Forum Sponsor
  • Tiger Member
  • Bike: TIGER800-BMWF650
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2021, 09:10:20 AM »
I Had anti-vibe Rox risers and grip puppies on my 2011 tiger, it vibrated badly, dealer would not fix so in the end I got pissed off with it and sold it, back then I had loads of customers with the same problem, seems that Triumph had their tolerance problems sorted by 2012 though, if they had changed or rebuilt the engine I would have kept that bike, the lesson for me was never buy a bike when it first comes out, BMW R1200GS-LC was another example, 2013 models were terrible

Anyway both help, I always fit grip puppies to all my bikes, makes them much more comfortable and the heated grips still work

Cheers

Recent Topics

winded-staunch