Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Thoughts on initial reliability and availability in the US around summer  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Radzz

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800XC
*Originally Posted by Goulash [+]
In the UK Triumph may have put their foot down with the dealerships about selling only pre-ordered 800's but i can tell you for a fact, that's not what's happening. I'm proof of this. Dealerships (and i've talked to two of them) are selling the 800's to anyone who wants them, certainly regarding a cancelled order. I don't know if they should go to the next person in line or not but if that's the case, some dealers (not naming them) are not doing this.

Example, i phoned up on the 8th of this month making a casual enquiry. "We have a cancelled order here that's exactly what you want", the dealer said. Paid my deposit on the spot. Only reason i'm waiting until the end of the month to pick the bike up is simply down to weather issues, (it snowed again last night  :157:). So while i've technically queue jumped here, from my perspective 'appy days', but this is clearly something the dealership shouldn't be doing, at least in the UK (i'm assuming at least).

You lucky ## :172:##...go for it now. The snow will be gone again by the weekend and then the summers starting..., and this time Im 40% sure!! :087: :150:

Offline Radzz

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: White 800XC
*Originally Posted by healdem [+]
I think the customer pre order only applies to the larger market places and probably only where Triumph directly controls the importer / distributor, and where they expect to sell most, have nmost pent up demand and the highest likelihood of supply problems. Effectively that means the UK and North America. By controlling the distributor it also means Triumph can impose whatever terms and conditions it wants.

so good luck to you if you are on a two week delivery deadline

:031: Cheers I might need it, but Im crossing my fingers. I talked to the dealer again today and he reckons we are still on schedule  :047:

Recent Topics

winded-staunch