Archived Boards - Read Only > Photo competition for 2013 Tiger 800 Calendar

JUDGING FOR 2013 CALENDAR PHOTOS - POST YOUR VOTES HERE

(1/20) > >>

Rocket:
From October 1st we will start the judging to find the best photos for the 2013 Tiger 800 calendar.

There has been a great response with approx 120 photos over 12 pages so please take some time to study them.

The judging period will be open for a maximum of 2 weeks to give people time to submit their responses

Forum members are requested to vote for their favourite photos (in descending order).

YOU CAN VOTE FOR UP TO 13 PHOTOS. PLEASE VOTE FOR A MINIMUM OF 3 [/b]

To make it easier for me to collate the results please use the following format for your votes:

1st Choice: owner + description of photo (eg "Rocket , Photo no. 2 , bike on bridge")
2nd Choice:
3rd Choice:
and so on...

You can't vote for your own photo  (and one photo per person will be allowed in the calendar )

Winners will be notified at the end of judging and then have 2 weeks to send to me by email the original in a format suitable for the calendar.

The winning 13 photos (1 for each month plus front cover) , based on the votes cast,  will be selected for the calendar and submitted to the printers (Cafepress.com) at the end of October.

Important note - if a winning photo is not in the correct format for the calendar or the owner does not submit the original to me in time then an alternative photo will be selected (the one with the next highest votes)

PLEASE POST YOUR VOTES ON THIS THREAD  FROM 1ST  OCTOBER 2012

Edit update:

IF YOU PREFER YOUR VOTING CHOICES TO REMAIN PRIVATE, SEND THEM TO ME DIRECTLY BY PM

Since we are not using the Poll function (high number of options means it would be impractical) , I will provide "Score so far" updates periodically through the 2 weeks of judging.

Rocket:
I 've had some feedback that its quite difficult to select only the top 3 (because there are many more than 3 good photos) and  members have expressed a preference to be able to select their favourite 13 , in descending order.

This is fine by me so I have altered the judging instructions accordingly.

To be clear then, forum members are invited to vote for BETWEEN 3 AND 13 photos (12 months + front cover) , not just 3, as previously advised.

BigMike:
Is it not simpler and less work just to have 3 judges.

GringoRojo:
So how would you choose the judges? Isn't the idea that its a calendar for the whole forum? In that case giving everyone the chance to vote for their fav (3 or 13) seems right and is more likely to lead to sales from members?
You might need judges to put them into monthly order though.

BigMike:
No idea, and I didnt suggest it because I want to be a judge, I dont, but it seems like an enormous task for Ron to do this with all the images. Be far simpler and faster just to have 3. Pick the three with the most posts or whatever, doesn't really matter and will anyone care. I think Ron should be allowed to pick who he chooses if the idea flies, he's the one doing the work after all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version