Archived Boards - Read Only > Photo competition for 2013 Tiger 800 Calendar

Sale of Calendars in aid of Motorcycle Outreach

(1/5) > >>

Rocket:
The 2013 Calendar will be on sale during November and members will be able to order a copy directly from the publishers.

There will be a small margin in the price of the calendars (after the printers have taken their cut) of around 1.50 and 100% of this will be donated  to the registered charity , Motorcycle Outreach.  (see link , below)

So, when you see your Tiger 800 Owners Calendar on the wall next year, you can do so proud of the fact that its helping people less fortunate than ourselves.

Trust we are all in favour of this modest charitable gesture.

To give you some idea of benefit, the sale of 40 calendars ( = 60 donation to the charity) will enable Motorcycle Outreach to pay for the maintenance one of its fleet of 14 motorbikes in Indonesia for a whole year! (This small fleet of motorcycles is used by local Health Workers to provide medical care to 50,000 people in remote villages).

(One of the things I like about this little charity is that it funds the provision and , crucially, maintenance of motorcycles enabling doctors to get to people living in remote locations who need medical help . I also like the fact that ALL of the money donated goes to supporting the people in need. There are no paid officials, intermediaries etc).

Slowth:
Originally Posted by Rocket The 2013 Calendar will be on sale during November and members will be able to order a copy directly from the publishers.
It will be interesting to see the finished article  :002:

Originally Posted by Rocket To give you some idea of benefit, the sale of 40 calendars ( = 60 donation to the charity) will enable Motorcycle Outreach to pay for the maintenance one of its fleet of 14 motorbikes in Indonesia for a whole year! 
They should come over here and service Tiger 800's - they'd clean up  :007:

Rocket:
Originally Posted by Slowth It will be interesting to see the finished article  :002:

They should come over here and service Tiger 800's - they'd clean up  :007:

Yamaha 200's are cheaper to maintain than Triumph plus I suspect they don't pay 90 /hour labour rates in Indonesia :001:

Adey Bee:
 :028: Yes,  I will be having one.   :418:

Rocket:
Originally Posted by Adey Bee :028: Yes,  I will be having one.   :418:

Thanks Adey Bee. Thats very kind of you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version