Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: flip up lids?  (Read 5526 times)

Offline mick

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800xc
Re: flip up lids?
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
I had a shuberth  for 3 years, in my opinion its the best helmet I'v had so far, must admit they are a bit big but not heavy, good sound proofing and plenty of room for your ears, mine took a bashing when I crashed my tiger 1050 just before Christmas, :005: well I didnt crash it, some woman cager took me out, :087: never the less I landed face down and the front of the helmet took the bashing, the visor was nearly worn away before I rolled on to my back, so for me its going to be another shuberth flip front
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:38:19 PM by mick »

Offline IMP

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 05:23:51 PM »
I have had a Schuberth C for ages and cannot find a Helmet that is as good a fit and quiet! It is the only helmet that I use on longer journeys - as I cannot get on with ear plugs! :031:
IMP

Offline Birdy68

• Tiger Master
  • Be prepared to change your plans.
  • Bike: T'Bird & T800XC
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 09:13:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by IMP [+]
I have had a Schuberth C for ages and cannot find a Helmet that is as good a fit and quiet! It is the only helmet that I use on longer journeys - as I cannot get on with ear plugs! :031:

:0461:
I have both the J1 and C2... Fantastic helmets!
Here you go - some videos I did for a friend last year....

Donning A Schuberth J1 Helmet

Operating The Schuberth Sun Visor
Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they're hot!

Offline mick

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800xc
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 10:43:39 PM »
Mine was a C2, will have to be a C3 next time they dont do C2 any more

Offline burgerking

• Tiger Master
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by b1kerb0y [+]
*Originally Posted by GRN [+]
Keep in mind that flip up lids don't offer the same degree of protection as full face lids do when really put to the test. I'm sure they'll improve with time, but for now I won't own one.

Thats exactly the reason why Arai wont make a flip up front helmet  :028:

:187: So why do they produce open face helmets, these have a lot less protection than a flip up...

Have been thinking about a flip up but my next helmet will probably be a Shoei XR1100

Offline TigerMedic

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: None at present
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 11:51:49 PM »
Through my job I have tried several different helmets and have to say that I find Arai is one of the loudest I have had. I currently have a Shoei multitec for work and a C3 for personal and the C3 is far surperior. Someone mentioned the BMW lid. This is made by Schuberth for them but to a lower spec and cheaper. Even though the C3 is a very quiet lid I still wear earplugs and would always reccommend anyone else to as well. May even be worth getting custom moulded ones if you cant get on with ones bought from the shop.

Offline hobie

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 800 white&silver
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 01:35:50 AM »
I have an HJC Symax II and am quite happy with it (my wife bought one as well and loves it).  It also has a flip-down sunshade like the Nolan N3.  If you go to webbikeworld.com you can read a large number of helmet reviews - that's how I found out about it.

Offline Gray Dragon

• Tiger Member
  • Tiger wannabe
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 03:48:53 AM »
Both the missus and I have Fulmer flip-ups.  I'm not sure if they are available on the other side of the pond :027:.

Overall they are reasonably priced and fit our heads well.  We have noticed a whistle when riding bikes without windscreens however.  My wife's solution is to wear an mp3 player, and mine is to ride bikes with windscreens. :156:
"I was misquoted on the video tape."

Offline Turboarrow

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: T800 Roadie
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by t8coco [+]
The more i look into this the argument to stay with full face gets stronger :084:
Maybe i need to stop be a lazzy  :172: and get used to taking lid on and off :031:

If you go the full face route have a look at the shark vision R. Suppose to be super and you can add coms to it, if not the schuberth is a quality lid. I'm torn between the schuberth c3 and the shark.
There's old pilots and there's bold pilots, but there's no old bold pilots.

Offline Turboarrow

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: T800 Roadie
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 07:46:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by mick [+]
Mine was a C2, will have to be a C3 next time they dont do C2 any more
Can you ride with the chin guard in the up position, in town ect?
There's old pilots and there's bold pilots, but there's no old bold pilots.

Recent Topics

winded-staunch