Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Workshop Manual  (Read 7416 times)

Offline regit800

• Tiger Member
  • taste it, and don,t leave it
  • Bike: in process
Workshop Manual
« on: February 06, 2011, 10:19:03 AM »
Hi !! does anybody knows if there's a workshop manual available ?? It could be a great tool for doing itself maintenance.
Tripls'sssssss :152:

Offline regit800

• Tiger Member
Re: Workshop Manual
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 07:01:03 PM »
Hi there !
No idea about it ? I've taken a look for a Haynes, but it's no available yet...

Offline GringoRojo

• Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
  • Tiger Jedi
  • a Doonhamer in exile
  • Bike: TigerXC ABS
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:41:09 AM »
far too early for haynes - wait a couple of years. had to do that with my Fazer1000. maybe there will be a pdf available from Triumph soon??
Countries I've ridden: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Andorra, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada (hired bike).
Memorable places: Applecross, Barra, Calanish, Lascaux, Pyrenees, Connemara, Tofino, Lillooet, Sulphur Mountain, Nordkapp, Dalsnibba, Borgund stavkirke.

Offline yiannis

• Tiger Master
  • Greece->Seattle->Barcelona
  • Bike: XC ABS
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 09:10:53 AM »
You can always buy it from your dealer. I'm sure someone will scan it and have it in pdf but that's probably illegal. With that said, I prefer to have both a pdf and a printed version. The printed version to have at home while working on the bike and the pdf on my phone while riding in case I need to look something up.

I'll ask my dealer if I can "borrow" theirs  :038: , maybe you should do the same.

Offline brid tiger

• Tiger Master
  • Jet tiger the best colour.....
  • Bike: tiger 800
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 09:51:09 AM »
Do  people work on there new bikes now apart from small jobs and servicing in the old days you would of had the engine out on the kitchen table Haynes manual in hand and away you went .Still that was in the days of two strokes and it was on your mums table .Is it worth people like Haynes going to the time to make a manual.... :084:
Based in Bridlington on the East coast of the UK............

Offline regit800

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 12:08:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by yiannis [+]
You can always buy it from your dealer. I'm sure someone will scan it and have it in pdf but that's probably illegal. With that said, I prefer to have both a pdf and a printed version. The printed version to have at home while working on the bike and the pdf on my phone while riding in case I need to look something up.

I'll ask my dealer if I can "borrow" theirs  :038: , maybe you should do the same.

It's a good idea...I ask for the price to my dealer...it has to be expensive, isn,t it ??  :157:

Offline yiannis

• Tiger Master
  • Greece->Seattle->Barcelona
  • Bike: XC ABS
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 12:54:59 PM »
Probably around 50 euros. But, these things usually come in a binder, so if your dealer has one, it is very easy to remove the pages, copy it and then put it back together. Maybe, with a $20 or if you ask nicely, they will let you "borrow" it for an hour.

Offline propforward

• Tiger Member
  • Stealer of Desserts
  • Bike: Bonneville
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 01:31:51 PM »
There is an OEM service manual available. I have ordered one with my bike. In the USA it runs about 100 bucks for the manual.
I don't always ride a motorcycle, but when I do, I prefer Triumph.

Offline regit800

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 12:27:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by propforward [+]
There is an OEM service manual available. I have ordered one with my bike. In the USA it runs about 100 bucks for the manual.

Hey there!
Have you ordered from the dealer ?
Thanks !

Offline propforward

• Tiger Member
  • Stealer of Desserts
  • Bike: Bonneville
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 01:41:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by regit800 [+]
Have you ordered from the dealer ?

Yes indeed, Triumph Tiger 800 service manual, part number T3856760, cost $100.53 from my dealer in the USA.

Pricey, as OEM manuals always are, but I like to have the manual. I am sure Haynes will release one, becuase this looks like a really popular bike, but I doubt you'll see a Haynes manual much before the end of 2012.
I don't always ride a motorcycle, but when I do, I prefer Triumph.

Recent Topics