Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anyone wishing to meet up travelling to/from the Mega Meet, post here  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
Since we have a large number of Tigers descending on Dolgellau travelling from the 4 corners of UK (and beyond), this thread is intended for posting suggestions and plans for meeting up on route to/from the Mega Meet in Dolgellau.

Just takes a bit of organising , but all adds to the fun. (Good to have some travelling company).

Post away chaps your planned routes, invites, expected timings at meeting points etc.

(Top tip: Don't do as I did last year with Dilbert. He was patiently waiting for me at one petrol station on the M6, I was at the one before. 30 minutes later , we solved the problem. (was my fault)  Moral of that story - be precise about your planned meeting point!)

Offline retryrider

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Re: Anyone wishing to meet up travelling to/from the Mega Meet, post here
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:29:36 PM »
There were about 3 or 4 of us thinking of heading up from the South East.  No firm plans as yet though.

Offline Whiplash

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Black 800 XC
Anyone wishing to meet up travelling to/from the Mega Meet, post here
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 11:13:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by retryrider [+]
There were about 3 or 4 of us thinking of heading up from the South East.  No firm plans as yet though.

I'm planning on heading up from Portsmouth way on the Friday. Again no plans apart from that.

Offline Greg

• Tiger Jedi
  • Tiger 800 No2.. Scrambler.. Mahoosive Yamaha
  • Bike: Tiger 800...
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 07:47:10 AM »
Travelling up from the SW on the Friday morning..... Could meet at the Severn Bridge area?.

Greg
It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.
Hugh Laurie

Offline fozzy

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 road
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 01:50:12 PM »
We are aiming to stop over in mid Wales Thursday evening.

Offline retryrider

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
Possible route to suit South East, Southern and Eastern Tigers?
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 04:02:45 PM »
Got the start of possible Southern route going, starting off in Chipping Norton. Should be suitable for anyone in the Southern/South East area to get to.

Garmin Mapsource file attached in case anyone wants to suggest any improvements. Should also open in the free Garmin Basecamp tool as well.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:05:26 PM by retryrider »

Offline Tiger Balm

• Tiger Jedi
  • South East UK
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 04:11:28 PM »
All good roads. I would go from Bromyard to Leominster and across to crossgates and up to Newtown, that just a personal way. I used to go a similar way, but being a bit further south tahn you, I make an excuse to go over the old seven bridge to Cheptow, up to Usk and over the black mountains, and I dont mind it taking a bit longer  :018:
XC in White on the road...(and off)

Online T800XC

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 01:18:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Greg [+]
Travelling up from the SW on the Friday morning..... Could meet at the Severn Bridge area?.

Greg

We're finally committed to coming now Greg. Travelling up from Torquay on the Friday so could meetup en-route. Maybe at Total Triumph Taunton, then on to Severn Bridge area to meet others? Rozzer also appears to be heading up on Friday. I'm not sure if 3 bikes from the SW would qualify for convoy status?

...happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat...

Online rozzer

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: '16 1050 Sport
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 02:39:05 PM »
I am definately going up Friday morning so will be pleased to meet up on the way,leaving Bude and heading up the A39 then the Link rd.

Offline GringoRojo

• Dancing on Ice Champion 2010
  • Tiger Jedi
  • a Doonhamer in exile
  • Bike: TigerXC ABS
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 02:57:26 PM »
whit aboot the Tartan Tiggers? ony plans?
we'll probably be heading down sometime on the Friday, but not thought about it much as yet.
Countries I've ridden: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Spain, Andorra, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Canada (hired bike).
Memorable places: Applecross, Barra, Calanish, Lascaux, Pyrenees, Connemara, Tofino, Lillooet, Sulphur Mountain, Nordkapp, Dalsnibba, Borgund stavkirke.