Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lock Barrel Removal from Top Box  (Read 39571 times)

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
Re: Lock Barrel Removal from Top Box
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2018, 03:28:54 PM »
After speaking to the locksmiths that tauzero recommended, it seems that my lock barrel is knackered. The tumblers that remain are damaged beyond repair so I need a new barrel. Do I have to buy the set of 3 from Triumph or can I get them singularly from anywhere else?

Offline Guyver

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2018, 11:18:04 AM »
All 3 barrels arrived just now. Even better, my key is barely different to the ones that came with the barrels. I shall file the tumblers down that are too high, I've got 2 on the rear that are less than 1mm and 1 on the front which is just under 2mm.

Once done, how do I locate the barrel? I've looked inside the opening and it seems the barrel will fit in 2 of the guides.

Offline grunty-motor

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: XCA
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2018, 12:11:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
:460: .... excellent find, backs up previous written descriptions here. Pity it appears to only work on the Adventure luggage. With my Expedition luggage it isn't possible to remove the key from any of the locks in the unlocked position, only in the locked position.

this worked for me

Ok, I got the key out in the unlocked position. For others who have the same problem, here is how to do it. From the open position, go to lock the top box while pulling the key outwards, it should come out just before hitting the dead upright position. Now just insert the key slightly inside the barrel and turn to the unlocked position et voila.

Offline Bladerunner99

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCA
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2018, 12:33:24 PM »
Does anyone know if it is possible to install the Triumph supplied locks into Givi Outback Trekker Panniers/topbox???
Ride to work. Work to ride

Offline FloridaMarine

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRt
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2018, 03:02:59 AM »
My dealer said it is possible.  They gave me two Triumph lock barrels to convert my GIVI Outback Trekkers to the Triumph key when I purchased the bike.  I havn't had time to try it yet and will post my results soonest.

Bob
2018 Tiger 800 XRt
1983 Honda GL650
1978 Honda CX500
1973 Honda CB350/F

Recent Topics

winded-staunch