Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Tiger today?  (Read 323942 times)

wombatrider and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline PixMan

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 ABS
Re: What did you do to your Tiger today?
« Reply #2820 on: July 09, 2017, 09:40:30 PM »
Yesterday I fitted the new style chain rubbing strip, gave the chain and all associated areas a deep cleaning and lubed the rear wheel bearings. Today I updated the FI map with TuneECU. The bike is better now than it's ever been, smoother and quieter running.
2011 Crystal White Tiger 800 ABS

Online KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #2821 on: July 09, 2017, 10:17:37 PM »
Fork seals, Progressive springs, Front Discs, Front pads.
Stupid is as stupid does.  Look Dad... No hands!!

Offline adventureracer

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800
« Reply #2822 on: July 13, 2017, 12:20:15 PM »
Well I don't know how I did it but on a rather "enthusiastic" ride last night I ground the foot pegs, it was a first for me as I thought they were quite high. Nice ground edge on the hero blob now :-)

Offline Jack Jones

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Phantom XRx
« Reply #2823 on: July 13, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »
Congratulations!  :028:
Took me 18 months before I grounded one and that too came as a surprise. Never did like the original Scorpion tyres, I had the back and front skip out far too often to try and get the pegs down. The new Avon TrailRider's are far more smile inducing, with bags more confidence in all situations IMHO.  :007: 

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
« Reply #2824 on: July 14, 2017, 04:17:15 PM »
Received my front rear suspension upgrade from Maxton yesterday, installed the rear shock this morning, straight forward and looks great.
Started on the front after talking to Richard, described to me how the standard Triumph spacers have to be shortened by 107mm. all went ahead ok, new cartridges in and tightened in place(bottom cap screw). Filled with oil to recommended level from fork top, installed springs(which are longer than standard) and altered spacers.
Front all buttoned up, wheel on and calipers attached, noticed a weep from the fork seal when pumping the front end  :023: .

Went for a run to test, WOW , difference is pronounced, where there was jarring and bouncing on the front  - all gone, rear just floats along , so good you hardly notice what the suspension is doing. :001:
Weep seems to have stopped after return home, hope the seal has settled down and re-bedded.  :002:

Online julianhj

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
« Reply #2825 on: July 16, 2017, 07:28:03 PM »
Got a 12k service from Muddysump today, and took the opportunity to fit a beak I'd purchased and almost forgotten about. Very happy with the results on both counts!

Offline Retrobate

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 800 Roadie
« Reply #2826 on: July 17, 2017, 03:44:52 PM »
As the weather is looking to be very hot for the rest of the week I decided to fit the Airblade screen (thanks to OBI1).

Phantom Black Tiger with dark screen - what do you think? Out in a while to feel the wind in my face.

:152: :046:

Offline Leicester Tiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT
« Reply #2827 on: July 17, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »
Started the 1 week countdown to the arrival of my new XRT.

Spent Saturday cleaning out the garage - it still has to share with a Mini Cooper, but good excuse to go to the tip, paint some more of the walls and generally tidy up, evicting a few spiders and the like.

Oh bought a new Neotec and Sena 10U as well from the nice people at Moto Central. Great prices and they fitted them too ( bought an AGV and 10s  for my son too).

Roll on next week
To finish first, one first has to finish...

White 2018MY XRT

Offline Leicester Tiger

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRT
« Reply #2828 on: July 25, 2017, 05:32:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Leicester Tiger [+]
Started the 1 week countdown to the arrival of my new XRT.

Spent Saturday cleaning out the garage - it still has to share with a Mini Cooper, but good excuse to go to the tip, paint some more of the walls and generally tidy up, evicting a few spiders and the like.

Oh bought a new Neotec and Sena 10U as well from the nice people at Moto Central. Great prices and they fitted them too ( bought an AGV and 10s  for my son too).

Roll on next week

Naff all because triumph have delayed delivery until the 4th of August  :232:
To finish first, one first has to finish...

White 2018MY XRT

Offline Bulldogfour

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRT
« Reply #2829 on: August 05, 2017, 04:44:18 PM »
I fitted a Cobrra Nemo 2 chain oiler.  First effort resulted in the tube being eaten by the rear sprocket as I forgot about chain bounce.  Second effort spot on dropping oil just inside the chain plate onto the rollers and an inch and a half in front of the rear sprocket.  Can't see anything behind the chain guard.  Reservoir fitted onto the convenient hole on the left hand pannier frame.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 04:46:08 PM by Bulldogfour »
Bikes previous: NSU Quickly moped; Honda C50; Honda 305 scrambler; Yamaha RD350 (x2); Suzuki 380; Honda NX250; Harley Sportster 1200; Yamaha TDM900; Yamaha 1300 cruiser; Honda CB600F5 Hornet;
FJR1300 (x2); Triumph Explorer.

Bikes now: Triumph Tiger 800XRT - one bike less than optimum!

Recent Topics