Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Tiger today?  (Read 334398 times)

redeyedv, wally and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
Re: What did you do to your Tiger today?
« Reply #2950 on: January 13, 2018, 01:15:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Shergar [+]
Fitted a Pyramid fender extender, a Puig rear hugger and most importantly the stainless chain adjuster bolts from Adey. All fitted reasonably easily but having dropped the rear wheel out it was a bit of a pain to get back in. Then had to get Mrs Shergar to hold the bike upright while I adjusted the chain. Top marks to her for standing there and keeping the bike remarkably steady while I fiddled about.

Assuming you are using the centre stand, if you have some sort of jack, getting the rear wheel back in is a lot easier if you use the jack to raise the front somewhat to get the swinging arm height to correspond with the wheel, and now you've adjusted the chain off the centre stand, put it on the centre stand and measure the chain slack, then in future you can put the bike on the centre stand and adjust to that rather than keeping it on both wheels.
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2951 on: January 13, 2018, 11:22:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
now you've adjusted the chain off the centre stand, put it on the centre stand and measure the chain slack, then in future you can put the bike on the centre stand and adjust to that rather than keeping it on both wheels.

:0461:  :152:
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Shergar

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #2952 on: January 13, 2018, 05:02:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
Assuming you are using the centre stand, if you have some sort of jack, getting the rear wheel back in is a lot easier if you use the jack to raise the front somewhat to get the swinging arm height to correspond with the wheel, and now you've adjusted the chain off the centre stand, put it on the centre stand and measure the chain slack, then in future you can put the bike on the centre stand and adjust to that rather than keeping it on both wheels.
Good thinking -  will be measuring it on the centre stand before I head out in the morning

Online Bulldogfour

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRT
« Reply #2953 on: January 14, 2018, 05:57:16 PM »
Put 60 miles on my new Tourance Next 110/80R front tyre to get most of the release agent off.  Very glad I made the change as the tyre is noticeably more flexible and easier riding than the 100/90 .  Yes it turns in slightly slower as you would expect but seems to be more linear and therefore more predictable - very handy going deep into left hand corners in the UK.  Definitely inspires greater confidence than the original and a change to be recommended.

I see that Triumph do not show this tyre as an acceptable option on 17 plate XRTs but Metzler do so hopefully there would be no issues in the event of an accident.
Bikes previous: NSU Quickly moped; Honda C50; Honda 305 scrambler; Yamaha RD350 (x2); Suzuki 380; Honda NX250; Harley Sportster 1200; Yamaha TDM900; Yamaha 1300 cruiser; Honda CB600F5 Hornet;
FJR1300 (x2); Triumph Explorer.

Bikes now: Triumph Tiger 800XRT - one bike less than optimum!

Offline chippy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: tiger xrx
« Reply #2954 on: January 19, 2018, 04:23:43 PM »
I put a pair of ROX bar risers on my 800 XRX today which gives me 50mm rise , which is on top of the 20mm bar risers  that I put on my triumph last  month so now I have 70mm in total , I think it could be to high now so ill give it a month or so and if I think its to high ill take the 20mm riser off :087:

Online Paulhere

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2955 on: January 19, 2018, 05:08:11 PM »
^^^ I used to have a bike with those Apehangers, loved it. Med me back ache on long rides.
Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Offline Fuge

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XCx
« Reply #2956 on: January 20, 2018, 03:50:54 PM »
Went for a spin in the cold rain to test my new Blizzard muffs over the top of the BB Storms and "behold  . . .  it was good" my hands, while not exactly toasty, were not the usual chilled on the way to numb.  :152:

I was so chuffed, I adjusted the bars, greased the chain, did the tyre pressures and set the suspension to the solo 'comfort' setting - I'm only 9.5 stone - as I don't think I've had the suspension working properly as yet.

Offline Underlord

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRt
« Reply #2957 on: January 21, 2018, 09:33:50 AM »
Yesterday I fitted a Tiger tank rubber protector. Before I did I got out the sugru www.sugru.com and inlayed white sugru into the recessed 'Triumph' logo using a small palette knife.

One Life. No God. Live It.

Offline Fuge

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 17 Tiger 800 XCx
« Reply #2958 on: January 21, 2018, 12:26:19 PM »
Thanks for the link Underlord, I've never heard of it but it looks to be quite interesting stuff despite the fact that it does have a silly name.  :164:

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #2959 on: January 21, 2018, 02:11:58 PM »
That'll save you getting HPMUIRT embossed on your gentleman's area should you collide with anything.
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Recent Topics