Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Tiger today?  (Read 356533 times)

Online grizzlybear

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: tiger 800 ABS
Re: What did you do to your Tiger today?
« Reply #3080 on: May 15, 2018, 01:55:58 PM »
Had a great weekend at The Rockers Rumble at Squires Coffee Bar :123:

Weather was awesome and went to Robin Hood bay,  another one off the bucket list :028:
Safe Riding
Dave( Grizzlybear) honda 125T,  Z650C2, GPZ750, GTR1000, VX800, VN1500 ,tiger800 and loads of C90`s  :)

Online herdygerdy

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3081 on: May 15, 2018, 08:43:14 PM »
On my 'MY17 XRT, after doing the 'display any DTC code check' sequence (Ign. off, then on LH switch ass'y, hold in the round 'Info button' while also pressing down on the 'up' arrow toggle switch, then ign. key on) on , found there were no DTCs listed.  :046:  Instrument panel displayed DTC P0000.

But noted later the fuel level indicator bars on the fuel gauge had disappeared, the fuel light was on, distance to empty was showing 0 kms  and orange fuel warning light was on solid.  And yet there really was around half a tank of fuel in it.

So rode it around 10 kms to and from work.  Fuel gauge returned to it's 'happy place' within 1-2 kms from leaving home, so all good in the 'hood'.

On the way home, I did have an all  new riding experience though.  I got hit (well more like gently walked into) on right rear by an inattentive pedestrian - true!. 

Busy stop start traffic and lots of pedestrians about, so SUPER alert as to who was where and doing what.  He was waiting on a traffic island in the centre of the road and I pulled up just past him, who, IIRC was reaching for his phone. 

Next second, the bike was lightly pushed to the left from behind (and thankfully I managed to stay up).  He then came around the rear of the bike and continued to cross the road to my left. He just carried on as if nothing had happened.  No harm, no foul for sure, but some folks really do have the road sense of the 3 month old puppy.   :110:

Offline SteveTT800XRT

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: TT 800XRT
« Reply #3082 on: May 17, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Then I fitted a set of 'Grip Buddies. :028:
I had these on my Street Triple and found them helpful as I don't get on well with (for me) the small diameter standard grips. Unfortunately 40+yrs of engineering has taken its toll on the flexibility of my finger joints. Would be great if I could fit some nice fat Beeston grips, like my 79 Bonnie ones.

How did you manage too fit these? I have Grip buddies but for the life of me I cannot loosen the screws at the end of the handlebars, I assume they are fitted with allen key? and it is not just a cover?

Offline Stevie.P

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger XRt
« Reply #3083 on: May 17, 2018, 03:55:51 PM »
They are a cover on top of the standard grip. One edge is sticky backed that you put on the grip and on the front edge is Velcro, then you stretch the cover around the grip, line it up and press the loose edge onto the velcro.

http://www.originalbeemerbuddies.com/installation.html

I got them from Nippy Normans at the same time as a Wunderlich sun visor for my Garmin Zumo 395.

https://www.nippynormans.com
Also owned my 1979 Bonnie T140E from new!

We don't stop playing because we grow old .. WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP PLAYING!!!

Online tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #3084 on: May 20, 2018, 12:09:57 AM »
Fitted the aluminium sump guard from World of Triumph (40 not 200, worth it at the lower price). Slightly heavier than the old plastic one but still under a kilo, I think. The crash bars made some of the fitting a bit awkward.

The new sumpguard - almost too pretty to put under a bike:

The old one comes off:

You have to fit two split bushes (left) and grommets (right) - I found the easiest way of fitting the grommet was to insert the side further away from you first, then ease in the side closer to you with the aid of a large screwdriver (to reduce the risk of cutting into the rubber).

The sumpguard doesn't use the captive nuts of the original but loose nuts, bolts, and washers. Access is impossible from the right. With the left-hand crashbar on, access is also very limited from the left. I used a magnet-onna-stick (available from ebay at very reasonable prices) to place the washer on the bolt, then again to get the nut started on the bolt, after which I could just about get a spanner on.

Still, it's worth it in the end.

Also, following my fuel gauge stopping working when I fitted aftermarket dogleg levers (see another thread from a few months ago about petrol cap flap not closing), I bought a new pair of levers which were supposedly compatible with ride-by-wire Tigers. Fitted those (unfortunately the camera software on my phone is a bit dodgy and decided not to let me take a photo of the clutch lever). Thanks again to K1W1 for pointing me at the cause of the problem in the first place.

Rode it afterwards and initially had a bit of a sinking feeling as the fuel gauge showed empty (with a full tank), but after riding a few metres the gauge started working. Which was nice.
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Online Kevh

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800xc
« Reply #3085 on: May 20, 2018, 09:12:25 PM »
Looking at your pictures think I must of put my sump guard on a little bit wrong I wondered why I had them split washers left over! .. Not to worry it ain't gonna fall off.

Online lucfcb

• Tiger Member
  • Luc fan of FCB ;-)
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRT
« Reply #3086 on: May 21, 2018, 08:08:02 AM »
Treated myself (and my 17 XRT) to a Puig windscreen en Hepco & Becker footpeg extender.
I will upgrade my bike habits from occasional touring and holiday use to daily commuting after my moving to another house a little outside of Brussels. So these additions will come in handy  :028:
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window ...

Offline Grumps

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 800 Xca
« Reply #3087 on: May 21, 2018, 05:13:08 PM »
Loaded it on the trailer ready for 3 weeeks in the Alps and Dolomites in our motorhome
2018 Xca. BMW K1600GTL. Suzuki GT380

If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer

Offline kokkios

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #3088 on: May 21, 2018, 08:00:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by lucfcb [+]
Treated myself (and my 17 XRT) to a Puig windscreen en Hepco & Becker footpeg extender.
I will upgrade my bike habits from occasional touring and holiday use to daily commuting after my moving to another house a little outside of Brussels. So these additions will come in handy  :028:

How did you like the Puig?

Online lucfcb

• Tiger Member
  • Luc fan of FCB ;-)
« Reply #3089 on: May 21, 2018, 08:47:08 PM »
I like them for 2 reasons:
- least important: they look much better than any of the others I have seen, especially with the smoke finish
- most important, huge difference with the stock screen both for wind protection and noise.

I'm 170 cm tall, comfort seat in lowest position, screen somewhat in the middle position (screen can be adjusted).

for me it's the better option ... (btw, replacing the screen is a piece of cake ...)
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window ...

Recent Topics

winded-staunch