Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What did you do to your Tiger today?  (Read 375088 times)

Offline chico

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
Re: What did you do to your Tiger today?
« Reply #3150 on: July 22, 2018, 09:59:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermainia [+]
I've had Andreani cartridges fitted, huge difference/improvement.  :152: :031:

Ditto here, 2017 XRX.

Chico

Offline tauzero

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #3151 on: July 22, 2018, 11:47:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermainia [+]
I've had Andreani cartridges fitted, huge difference/improvement.  :152: :031:

I should have said "and affordably"...  :001: I was thinking along the lines of progressive springs and possibly a change of fork oil weight, which would cost about a fifth of the Andreani cartridges. I'm not saying it's as good a solution, but it's a damn sight cheaper.
Tiger 800 XRx, Scrambler, SpeedTona, Speed Dent
Gone but not forgotten: Tiger 1050, Bonneville SE, Sprint ST 955i, Trophy 4, Sprint 900, Daytona 900, Tiger 900

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
« Reply #3152 on: July 24, 2018, 08:33:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by tauzero [+]
I should have said "and affordably"...  :001: I was thinking along the lines of progressive springs and possibly a change of fork oil weight, which would cost about a fifth of the Andreani cartridges. I'm not saying it's as good a solution, but it's a damn sight cheaper.

I initially went down that route, but did not really solve the problem of the too much compression damping at the front.
Eventually fitted a Maxton replacement cartridges / springs, HUGE difference and not as expensive as the Andreani units...

Offline Bulldogfour

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRT
« Reply #3153 on: July 24, 2018, 12:11:09 PM »
Dropped my 17 plate XRT into Blade Swindon for a 6k service today and got a Speed Triple R as a loan bike. 

So, with apologies to any owners of said bike:

WTF, no screen.  Lovely clean air but 70+ on the M4 and my head wants to sit on the pillion seat.

Where are the pegs?  oh yes, up under my arse, and is that cramp I feel coming on in my thighs (and Im only 5 8)

Wheres the sidestand - I keep hitting the gear lever.

Comfortable seat, at least it was for the first 15 miles and then it wasnt.

And why does every bump in the road get transmitted to my nether regions.

Nice engine and gearbox and good brakes but that doesnt stop the bike veering when passing trucks at 70, give me some good old kilos for stability on the move.

Sooo looking forward to later today when I swap it back for mine.

PS: I used to believe that GP riders sat up before corners to take advantage of air braking but thats wrong its to stretch their back before it seizes up.
Bikes previous: NSU Quickly moped; Honda C50; Honda 305 scrambler; Yamaha RD350 (x2); Suzuki 380; Honda NX250; Harley Sportster 1200; Yamaha TDM900; Yamaha 1300 cruiser; Honda CB600F5 Hornet;
FJR1300 (x2); Triumph Explorer.

Bikes now: Triumph Tiger 800XRT - one bike less than optimum!

Offline mcinlb

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: 2013 Tiger 800
« Reply #3154 on: August 07, 2018, 03:33:56 PM »
New XRx, removed the "new" screen and found all fitting points for my Palmer/Madstad screen as per the old 800, mounted same and is a perfect fit leaving the TFT dash as is.

Wired in the sat nav as per a thread in the forum, via the white socket under the passenger seat, now switched with the ignition

Fitted an additional hella skt under the seat (pop out plug ready for mounting same), fused to drive my air compressor(ign sw skt only supplies 5amps).

Fitted a "strip LED stop light" on my top box  :027:

Fitted 20mm risers to the bars, felt it did not need the higher Rox risers..

Can't farkle enough :001: :001: :001:

Offline PapaTom

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike: Blue XRx
« Reply #3155 on: August 07, 2018, 06:27:40 PM »
Take a rest now and have a wee dram.
You've earned it.
 :031:

Online davamb

• Tiger Pro
  • Today will be difficult, but tomorrow- good riding
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #3156 on: August 08, 2018, 08:22:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bulldogfour [+]
Dropped my 17 plate XRT into Blade Swindon for a 6k service today and got a Speed Triple R as a loan bike. 
It'll all make sense once you get a chance to fang it through some decent twisties - you'll forget all about its inadequacies.
Cheers,
Dave

Offline anto687

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCa
« Reply #3157 on: August 08, 2018, 08:59:41 AM »
Had the suspension tweaked by a suspension shop - changed the feel of the bike entirely! :D

Sitting higher (Thanks to pulling the headstock up on the forks and adding preload in the rear) as well as just more settled on the road. Couldn't tell you exactly what settings he put in as he was working out kinks he felt needed working out. He made the point that the lack of preload adjustment on the front combined with the soft spring meant he couldn't get it to where he wanted, and that a stiffer spring or a method of adding preload (Some WP units will accept discs to increase preload, but not the XC!) would change it again.

Less weight on the front anyway, and just a more "together" ride now!
Tigeerrrrrr!

Offline Bulldogfour

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRT
« Reply #3158 on: August 10, 2018, 09:11:46 PM »
Trimmed 2" off the top of my 18" Madstad screen.  Fed up with looking part over it and part through it on switchbacks.
Bikes previous: NSU Quickly moped; Honda C50; Honda 305 scrambler; Yamaha RD350 (x2); Suzuki 380; Honda NX250; Harley Sportster 1200; Yamaha TDM900; Yamaha 1300 cruiser; Honda CB600F5 Hornet;
FJR1300 (x2); Triumph Explorer.

Bikes now: Triumph Tiger 800XRT - one bike less than optimum!

Offline Tigerider

• Tiger Pro
  • Just another day for another ride!
  • Bike: Tiger ABS
« Reply #3159 on: August 13, 2018, 02:58:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by The Stealth [+]
And I finally got around to fitting the sidestand foot extender  I purchased from Muddysump :028:

Sorry to resurrect such an old post, but has Mussysump closed down, l looked at their website & it says no more parts sales & no more servicing taken on dated Nov 2015!!!!!
Call me Dave

Recent Topics

winded-staunch