Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Annual Tiger 800 meeting- The Movie  (Read 625 times)

Offline Dennis

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XCX
Annual Tiger 800 meeting- The Movie
« on: May 05, 2013, 10:23:47 AM »
Hi guys,

I want to make a movie about this years Tiger meeting.

This movie will have video's and pictures in it, obviously with some music added to it and also some titles/text in it.

The trick for a good movie is not to have only riding videos in it, but also videos that say something about the atmosphere of the weekend.
So this can be anything on video or picture.. Dinner, coffee brakes, scenery, evenings at the bar, the BBQ, accommodations, breakfast, the rooms, whatever you think sketches the atmosphere!

So anything is possible! Use your imagination!!

So for this project I would like you to think about it, and come up with ideas for it!
This can be anything, music to use in the movie, text in the movie, camera positions on the bike.

I have a suction cup, 2 fixed positions (1 on a pannier and 1 next to the radiator), and a bolted RAM mount ball, that can also be mounted on any other bike, any other position.

This makes the possibilities endless!!
Also it is possible to mount the camera on other bikes with the suction cup (need a flat surface, like my SW motech Trax panniers) and the RAM mount ball... Just think of any position where we can bolt it on...! Piece of cake!

I shall film in 720p (DVD quality), and have 18 GB of memory cards available. The camera will be a Contour VHolder 1080P.

The movie will be made in iMovie, I used it before and am quite keen with this program..

So use your imagination, and come to me with your ideas!
Here you can see the camera positions I tried so far...;
Tigercam position 1

Tigercam position 2

Tigercam position 3

Tigercam position 4

Tigercam position 5

Tigercam position 6

Tigercam position 7

Tigercam position 8

Tigercam position 9

And the last one, with a small speech;

Tigercam position 10

(sorry for the ugly guy that sometimes walks through your screen, that's me)
Now, via this website or during the meeting where you can let me know... I'll be the guy with the pint of beer in my hand...  :016:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:59:35 AM by Dennis »
Most motorcyle problems are caused by the nut connecting the saddle to the handlebars..

Offline Greg

• Tiger Jedi
  • Tiger 800 No2.. Scrambler.. Mahoosive Yamaha
  • Bike: Tiger 800...
Re: Annual Tiger 800 meeting- The Movie
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:50:54 AM »
We could have a lot of video footage..!!

I have three cameras on my bike too... One forward, on sideways and a rear facing one!!

I'm just about to go mount my new Sony HDR on the foglamp!!

I've never put one on my helmet.. Too distracting and ends up showing your speedo...  :192: :192:

Will be nice to chat with you about your video editing Dennis... Mine's crap!  :001:

Greg
It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.
Hugh Laurie

Offline Dennis

• Tiger Master
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 11:12:49 AM »
That's good news Greg!!

We need as much different videos from different bikes as possible!!
The more, the better for the movie!

And yes, I tried the helmet position, but the videos aren't any good...
And video editing is always good to talk about! Somebody can always give you good ideas that I haven't thought of yet.. :0461:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:50:22 PM by Dennis »
Most motorcyle problems are caused by the nut connecting the saddle to the handlebars..

Offline Dennis

• Tiger Master
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 12:23:18 PM »
Tigercam 10

Just to give you an idea how it looks...

The wind noise I will cut away and put some music instead in the movie...
And of course this is not edited, just some raw footage...

Offline retryrider

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800 Roadie
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 08:58:09 PM »
I'll be bring the Drift along too although bit limited on mount points, it'll be either front/rear facing (when the GPS isn't on) or from the helmet.

Also just got an external battery pack so in theory the memory card will fill up before the camera runs out of juice..

This could become a mini-series  :148:

Offline Dennis

• Tiger Master
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 11:42:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by retryrider [+]
I'll be bring the Drift along too although bit limited on mount points, it'll be either front/rear facing (when the GPS isn't on) or from the helmet.

Also just got an external battery pack so in theory the memory card will fill up before the camera runs out of juice..

This could become a mini-series  :148:

Ah great!! More riders with camera's make a better movie!
I'm happy with everybody filming and taking pictures... In the end it all results in a great movie!

Offline Rocket

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: R1200GS, CRF250L
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 07:49:49 AM »
How about some clips of the social gatherings , BBQ at Bikers Retreat on Friday evening, then meal at Dolgellau golf club on Saturday?

We will be riding in 2 groups but all will be together for the start and at lunch. Last year, we lined all the bikes up for a photo shoot which is on the front cover of the 2013 calendar. Good to included that in your film too.

Offline Greg

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 02:23:19 PM »
How about some clips of the social gatherings , BBQ at Bikers Retreat on Friday evening, then meal at Dolgellau golf club on Saturday?

We will be riding in 2 groups but all will be together for the start and at lunch. Last year, we lined all the bikes up for a photo shoot which is on the front cover of the 2013 calendar. Good to included that in your film too.

:062:

Sorted .. One of us will get some of that footage..
It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.
Hugh Laurie

Offline Dennis

• Tiger Master
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 11:21:01 PM »
Greg, Rocket,

Brilliant!! All of the clips and pictures of the social gatherings, as well as the riding pics/clips make a great total picture of the weekend for the movie...
As far as I'm concerned, the social part and the riding are equally important. So if I can get all this into the movie, it will be all the better...!

Guys, mobilise everybody to make clips and pictures... The more, the better...
It will all end up in a good movie that will give a good idea of the total UK Tiger Mega meet 2013.

So everybody please supply me with your 10 best pictures, and all of your clips (both riding and social meetings).
It is not always about the best photography, if it shows the atmosphere it is a good picture! :169:

It is up to your input how this movie will be shaped... Really the same goes for the weekend, it is made by the people who are there..!

By the way, Cees and I will set sail to Newcastle tomorrow evening... So we'll meet you guys at the bar in Dolgellau on friday..  :031:

Cheers and see you soon!
Dennis (T800) and Cees (T1050)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:25:29 PM by Dennis »

Offline Greg

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 07:41:08 AM »
Dennis

Will you have a laptop or means of uploading the memory cards...

I'll give you all my footage and pics at the end of the weekend..

Greg
Hugh Laurie