Triumph Tiger 800 Forum

Tiger 800 / 900 - Main Discussion Section => Tiger 800 / 900 - General Discussion => Topic started by: Paulhere on May 02, 2021, 04:24:42 PM

Title: Paint job
Post by: Paulhere on May 02, 2021, 04:24:42 PM
Does this belong to one of you?

(https://photos-cdn.tiger800.co.uk/Fugly-800-2.jpg)
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: KildareMan on May 02, 2021, 05:39:16 PM
Not me I'm not colour blind!
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: GeoffS on May 02, 2021, 07:19:32 PM
Im not colour blind either, but I think that the red and green go together quite nicely.
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: PapaTom on May 02, 2021, 07:47:39 PM
B****y hell.
I can only assume someone bought a right off and decided to do something different.

Each to their own.
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: KildareMan on May 02, 2021, 07:55:31 PM
*Originally Posted by PapaTom [+]
B****y hell.
I can only assume someone bought a right off and decided to do something different.

Each to their own.

If it wasn't a right-off before the paint job it certainly is now.

Makes Venom Yellow look positively restrained.
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: chuckxc on May 02, 2021, 10:12:13 PM
That's either a poor attempt at Photoshop humour, or the worst taste in motorcycle styling in history. On the other hand, theft insurance won't be needed.

Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: matt748 on May 02, 2021, 10:26:27 PM
*Originally Posted by chuckxc [+]
That's either a poor attempt at Photoshop humour, or the worst taste in motorcycle styling in history. On the other hand, theft insurance won't be needed.

Its definitely real, posted on CMCs FB page.
Im going to file it as each to their own...
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: tauzero on May 03, 2021, 01:41:08 PM
Somebody evidently wanted a KTM.
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: Tallpaul on May 03, 2021, 03:37:38 PM
Hideous.
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: Half-Click-Up on May 03, 2021, 06:50:52 PM
Which crash bar/tank bar combo is that??
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: Tuonor on May 04, 2021, 11:00:08 AM
Well.... I think it is cool to see someone doing something like this to this type of bike. Adventurebikes are usually pretty dull when it comes to colors. This... Not so dull  :001:
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: northern lad on May 04, 2021, 02:39:34 PM
3 year old grandson said'its Mr blippi's'.
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: healdem on May 04, 2021, 06:33:21 PM
*Originally Posted by Tuonor [+]
Well.... I think it is cool to see someone doing something like this to this type of bike. Adventurebikes are usually pretty dull when it comes to colors. This... Not so dull  :001:

its an adventure bike painted in Gulf RACING colours  :084:
somethings not right, and I don't think its the bike  :138:

however its someones pride and joy. Its NOT a cheap rattle can spray over some damage. someone has gone to substantial lengths to achieve that effect. not my cuppa but that means feck all.. its the owners choice and that should be good enough for all of us


Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: Half-Click-Up on May 04, 2021, 07:02:10 PM
My apologies for restating my question, but does anyone know what brand those crash bars/tank bars might be? I have not seen a set that "links" together like that...  :187:
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: Stevie.P on May 04, 2021, 07:52:59 PM
Fairly sure they are 'Heed' bars. :028:

https://heedshop.eu/en_US/p/Crash-bars-for-Triumph-Tiger-800-XC-XR-2011-2014/26
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: Half-Click-Up on May 04, 2021, 08:11:54 PM
*Originally Posted by Stevie.P [+]
Fairly sure they are 'Heed' bars. :028:

https://heedshop.eu/en_US/p/Crash-bars-for-Triumph-Tiger-800-XC-XR-2011-2014/26

Ah HA! Thanks Stevie! That's a fine looking setup... never mind the questionable paint job  :008:
Title: Re: Paint job
Post by: Mountie on May 05, 2021, 09:54:22 PM
Hi viz  :005: !!