Triumph Tiger 800 Forum

Tiger 800 - Main Discussion Section => Tiger 800 - General Discussion => Topic started by: kokkios on August 05, 2018, 08:09:56 PM

Title: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: kokkios on August 05, 2018, 08:09:56 PM
Was looking around on the bike and please see the pics, is the engine casing top left normal or is it missing a screw or something?
 
(https://photos-cdn.tiger800.co.uk/what.jpg)

(https://photos-cdn.tiger800.co.uk/what2.jpg)
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: Bulldogfour on August 05, 2018, 08:15:10 PM
Mine has a small black plastic plug in it, but no screw.
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: 1284rider on August 05, 2018, 08:18:54 PM
Should be a plastic plug in there - part number PFKL1214938
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: chico on August 06, 2018, 05:05:09 AM
My 2017 XRX has the same hole but no plug.

Chico
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: chico on August 06, 2018, 05:12:56 AM
*Originally Posted by 1284rider [+]
Should be a plastic plug in there - part number PFKL1214938

I can't find part # PFKL1214938.

Chico
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: kokkios on August 06, 2018, 06:21:17 AM
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
I can't find part # PFKL1214938.

Chico

This one?
http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_part_number_lookup?partdes=PFKL1214938
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: T-Rever on August 06, 2018, 09:52:08 PM
PFKL numbers are not Triumph numbers, you have to go to check-out to find the corresponding Triumph number.. PFKL, are initials used by Triumph Dealers in Norfolk and Suffolk PFKLings who operate World of Triumph....
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: chico on August 07, 2018, 05:28:15 AM
I'll check with my dealer.

Chico
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: Dilbert on August 07, 2018, 01:18:11 PM
From the World of Triumph call-up, click on add to order to reveal : Parts - T3450092 - INSERT, ROUND, PLASTIC, 12.7MM (PFKL1214938)

Where T3450092 is the part number, looks like it's just a blanking plug though.
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: chico on August 07, 2018, 09:32:24 PM
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
I'll check with my dealer.

Chico

Went to dealer, all 800 on the showroom floor had the plug. The parts manager tried to find it for purchase separately, no luck.

Chico
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: Nick_2112 on August 07, 2018, 09:57:50 PM
I checked my 2013 and it hasn't got the plug.

I measured the hole diameter at 10.5mm.

I would think a generic plastic plug from ebay would be ok for pennies.

Maybe someone will try an ebay one and post the link.
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: kokkios on August 07, 2018, 10:27:08 PM
Thank you very much everyone! You are indeed the best!  :123:
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: ZenDog on August 08, 2018, 01:16:01 PM
Thanks for mentioning this because I looked at mine and the plug was half out - it wouldn't of been long before it fell out.
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: Dilbert on August 09, 2018, 12:29:31 PM
*Originally Posted by chico [+]
Went to dealer, all 800 on the showroom floor had the plug. The parts manager tried to find it for purchase separately, no luck.

Chico

What he means is that it's not a standard stocked spare part and he'd have to order it in from Triumph, he wouldn't make any money on it, would be uneconomic to order, he doesn't think it's a big deal and he really can't be rsed  :008:

Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: Dilbert on August 09, 2018, 12:40:34 PM
Item 23 here, only seems to be called up for the XCa models

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator?block_01=&block_02=100070572-1-2&block_03=560043

Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: kokkios on August 09, 2018, 02:43:22 PM
Thank you sir!

 :062:
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: chico on August 10, 2018, 05:40:29 AM
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
What he means is that it's not a standard stocked spare part and he'd have to order it in from Triumph, he wouldn't make any money on it, would be uneconomic to order, he doesn't think it's a big deal and he really can't be rsed  :008:
Not so Dilbert. I was shown the exploded view of the engine showing # 23 but there is no provision for ordering it separately. You'd have to buy the engine to get the plug. :157:

Chico
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: Dilbert on August 22, 2018, 01:04:47 PM
Chico

See above, Triumph Part Number T3450092 - INSERT, ROUND, PLASTIC, 12.7MM

The part will be around 2.15 ($ 2.76), if you order it through your dealer, he will probably have to put it in with a bunch of other spares to make it worthwhile, if you think you really need to get one, then try ordering here : http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator?block_01=&block_02=100070572-1-2&block_03=560043
But it'll cost around $50 shipping and import duty  :156:

Alternatively and if your life is incomplete without one, PM your details and I'll order you a couple and send them out to you  :028:
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: bucksfizz on August 22, 2018, 05:51:07 PM
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
INSERT, ROUND, PLASTIC, 12.7MM

12.7mm = 1/2 inch, so it should be easy to find a plug at a hardware store for pennies.
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: Dilbert on August 23, 2018, 01:10:43 PM
*Originally Posted by bucksfizz [+]
12.7mm = 1/2 inch, so it should be easy to find a plug at a hardware store for pennies.

You'd expect so, or a dob (technical term) of sealant, still not sure what it's sealing up, or why they only have them on the XC versions, but ............
Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: petesear on August 23, 2018, 01:21:30 PM
They are not only on the xc, mine was missing on my xrt.

1.30 I think I paid for a Triumph replacement.

Pete

Title: Re: Does this hole seem right?
Post by: chico on February 11, 2019, 03:04:51 AM
*Originally Posted by Dilbert [+]
Chico

See above, Triumph Part Number T3450092 - INSERT, ROUND, PLASTIC, 12.7MM

The part will be around 2.15 ($ 2.76), if you order it through your dealer, he will probably have to put it in with a bunch of other spares to make it worthwhile, if you think you really need to get one, then try ordering here : http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator?block_01=&block_02=100070572-1-2&block_03=560043
But it'll cost around $50 shipping and import duty  :156:

Alternatively and if your life is incomplete without one, PM your details and I'll order you a couple and send them out to you  :028:

I must have missed your kind offer Dilbert. I think I'll be OK without the plug.

Chico