Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: TuneECU for the New Models  (Read 6183 times)

Offline Kris

• Tiger Master
TuneECU for the New Models
« on: December 02, 2017, 02:54:29 PM »
Can someone verify if TuneECU softwares are now available for the Tiger 2016?  Up to very recently, the ECU was restricted and it was not possible to use TuneECU, but now I see that it is listed up to 2016 models.   

Offline Kris

• Tiger Master
Re: TuneECU for the New Models
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 04:01:43 PM »
actually, I see that it is only up to 2014. it was only the information that was update at 2016.

Offline Stevebutcher

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2015 tiger xrx
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 03:44:21 AM »
I gave up waiting for tuneECU (which i used on my previous bonnies to great effect) and have now installed rapid Bike EVO. New GPR unrestricted can and free flow filter. Next will be a decat. So far so good, bike running well. installation was straight forward apart from connecting the crank sensor cables. that took real fetling, not to mention much mandatory swearing.

Bike sounds fantastic with the free flow muffler.

steve

Offline Hanzo

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 abs
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 03:29:20 AM »
Hello all!  I know this topic/response is a little late, but I just came across this info and thought it to be relevant to the original posters question:  Straight off the "TuneECU.Com" website ... listed as compatible models.

"All Tiger 800 models from 2015 and upwards, only with TuneECU for Android and exclusively via Bluetooth.
   June          2018

Was super excited to see this, but need to look into it a bit further... I have the app on my phone (android) and have successfully connected to the ecu via bluetooth as specified, but have not been able to see or find any section that enables one to reset the service spanner. In fact, the only thing I can say that I've been able to see (with the engine running) is the rpms, throttle position and battery voltage.  Ran out of time so I haven't had alot of time playing with it yet.  Anyone else have any experience using the app on the newer model Tigers with the new displays?  Oh btw, bike is 2018 Tiger 800Xrx  :001:
-Hanzo

Offline Stelyn

• Tiger Master
  • 2018 XRx
  • Bike: Tiger XRX
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 08:06:26 AM »
Have a Dealertool which I originally bought for my Triumph Trophy,  and works great on my 2018 Tiger,  with
     usual `free' upgrades      :028:
`Only a Motorcyclist knows why a dog rides with  its head out of the car window '

Offline Nobby1010

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: Tiger 800 xcx
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 05:50:40 PM »
Hi all. Ive just changed my front tyre on 2016 tiger 800 xcx abs and engine light now on. Need to delete and retest. What is the best tool to do this? I keep seeing tune ecu bluetooth. Is this good and where can i get one? Thx in advance

Offline SteveB610

• Tiger Member
  • Why do I ride, because I can 👍🏍
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRX
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 10:41:19 PM »
Hi, I might be nieve, but why would you want to change the ecu setting on a 2018 model tiger.
Maybe a member of the group can point out what's wrong with the initial setting, and what the update brings.
Always willing to learn

Offline kokkios

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2016 Tiger800XRT
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 10:58:58 AM »
So guys any luck resetting the service spanner on a 2016 XRT with Tuneecu?

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 04:05:53 PM »
Tuneecu explicitly say not to connect post 14 so the answer is no
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline chuckxc

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike: 12XC, 18XCX
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 08:42:41 PM »
If you want to access the ECU output, do some built-in tests, and reset the spanner, Dealertool will do all that. Or, on the 2018 model the spanner can be reset from the option settings on the dash.
Laterally unstable unless moving.

My third Triple - 1976 Laverda 3CL Jota
My 4cyl grunt - 2005 Honda CB1300F

Recent Topics