Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Speed Cameras Scotland  (Read 1818 times)

Online fac191

• Premier Member
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Super Tenere ES
Speed Cameras Scotland
« on: December 20, 2019, 06:02:24 PM »
Hi all, can anyone tell me if the A9 from Kingussie to Moy is camered. Thanks in advance for any replys.

Offline Rtwo

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Speed Cameras Scotland
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 06:48:14 PM »
There are certainly average cameras both north and south of Kingussie.
I can't recall Moy so can't be specific
The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
....George Orwell

Check the Facts !!

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Tiger 800 XRx
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 07:46:28 PM »
The A9 is heavily policed & best avoided. The fines are heavy. There is little crime up north, they have to make their money off tourists. Plods on unmarked R1's are commonplace.
Current bikes Tiger800 XRx, Tiger Sport 1050, Ariel FH 650, Yam Serow 225.

Online Djairouks

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 07:39:15 AM »
Was there in April, can't say I saw any cameras on that road !

Online Fazer

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 08:37:03 AM »
Map of Scotland showing speed camera locations: http://www.safetycameras.gov.scot/cameras/safety-camera-locations/

Online Grumps

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2018 800 Xca
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 10:04:33 AM »
I have to ask. Are you planning to speed?
2018 Xca. BMW K1600GTL. Suzuki GT380

If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 11:05:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Fazer [+]
Map of Scotland showing speed camera locations: http://www.safetycameras.gov.scot/cameras/safety-camera-locations/

That's brill, thanks Fazer, many that I was aware of, some that I wasn't, on that map. It's the ones at the point of change from a 60 to a 30 that get folk with a small'ish 30 sign obscured by branches with sneaky mobiles on edge of villages, the one at Strathyre catches plenty, usually bikes, it's a favourite run for Glasgow boys.

One of the weegies I've ridden with got pulled on a road not usually monitored, he got a 2 year ban & ordered to retake his test. He was a wee bit over the top. Gone now, head on 2 years ago.

We don't use A9 now, most boring road in Scotland with 60 limits on a big wide road that makes it feel slow. Like a metallic snake of waggons with tourists sat in the middle. Far nicer routes up there. We go up most years, a couple of pals do the landmark challenge, I just go for the ride. The landmarks have taken us to some interesting places.

We've attended many of the rallies run by the Scottish branches of TOMCC, they've been brill, with great ride outs. Several of the Scots boys come down to the English rallies in return.

It's expensive, cold & wet mostly, but grand when it's none of those. Real ale can be hard to find in some areas. Good ones are; The Clachaig inn at Glencoe, The White stag at Strathyre (used to be called the Inn at Strathyre) The Applecross Inn & The Old Inn at Gairloch. Campsites close by all.  :031:

Online Fazer

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: Tiger 800XRt
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paulhere [+]
.... It's the ones at the point of change from a 60 to a 30 that get folk with a small'ish 30 sign obscured by branches with sneaky mobiles on edge of villages, the one at Strathyre catches plenty, usually bikes, it's a favourite run for Glasgow boys........

I thought Id been caught by a mobile camera van at just such a place on the A9 southbound at Helmsdale (north of Inverness) in September. 30 sign is quite a way north of town approaching a roundabout, then the road seems to be back out into open country. I assumed that I'd missed the derestricted sign after the roundabout and started to accelerate, then noticed the streetlights so immediately shut the throttle again, only to see the camera van in the distance. I was lucky to be back within the speed limit in time!

Offline Paulhere

• Tiger Jedi
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 04:38:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Fazer [+]
I thought Id been caught by a mobile camera van at just such a place on the A9 southbound at Helmsdale (north of Inverness) in September. 30 sign is quite a way north of town approaching a roundabout, then the road seems to be back out into open country. I assumed that I'd missed the derestricted sign after the roundabout and started to accelerate, then noticed the streetlights so immediately shut the throttle again, only to see the camera van in the distance. I was lucky to be back within the speed limit in time!

Yes, very lucky. One of the boys in our club was called up to Inverness court for 90 in a 60, he was given 6 points & 600 fine......20 years ago. Plods in unmarked cars/bikes think it's fun to entice bikers to speed for a gotcha.

Online philmcglass

• Tiger Master
  • Mine's a pint
  • Bike: Tiger XRX 2016
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 11:11:35 PM »
Just to add to the frustration, HGV speedlimit is 40 on single carriageway.
Find the Line

Recent Topics

winded-staunch