Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Okay lads...show me your tools!  (Read 989 times)

Offline Whiskery1

• Tiger Cub
  • Bike: 2015 800 XCx
Okay lads...show me your tools!
« on: June 15, 2021, 07:33:28 AM »
I bought my 2015 Tiger 800 xcx used.  Actually used is an understatement.  It crashed, was pronounced dead, resuscitated, and resurrected.  I call it the "PomPuss" but maybe "Phoenix" would be better  :084:
Unfortunately it came without an Owners Manual or TOOLS!  Considering a Wera 3/8" metric socket set to stuff under there but I'd have to trim off a couple of the plastic "cradles" that appear to have held tools so that the tidy cloth case can fit.  But before I do...

Let's see if you have anything to brag about stuffed in there! (under your pillion cushion)

Pics and tool lists are  :401:
Or how about the most useful tool that you just wouldn't hit the roadtrip or trail without?  (I just know someone is gonna post a pic of their riding buddy on this one...)

BTW - the title implies that only lads have tools.  This was for shock value only to rustle up some interest.  Ladies and those in-between, I'd love your input also  :028:

Offline steve@lincs

• Tiger Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XC
Re: Okay lads...show me your tools!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 07:54:15 AM »
Just a quicky, but I pinched an idea off here.... Drill small holes in the plastic bracing under the pillion seat and thread elastic string through it.  Ideal for keeping pliers etc which are too big to sit comfortably in the well.  No photos atm as such I'm away on my Royal Enfield Interceptor!

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 09:33:49 AM »

Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline Whiskery1

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 12:10:05 PM »
Steve, I think KildareMan has the same great idea. 
Thanks for the pics KildareMan, a fine use of all available real estate - and the Knipex plier wrench is brilliant!!

Offline Whiskery1

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 12:19:32 PM »
Another question is...

What have you tucked in the less accessible "emergency" space behind the pillion seat, under the plastic tail cover?
I went to great lengths to fabricate a top rack (plate) above this for my top box that is easily removed so I could access this space for say... a survival kit.

Offline KildareMan

• Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: Venom Yellow 800
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 12:46:03 PM »
Nothing under the rack. I do have a t-bar poking into our from under the pillion seat though.
Anglo-Chilean Irishman - Lost again

Offline healdem

• ....has a fluffy tube
  • Tiger Jedi
  • Bike: 2011 Tiger 800
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 12:46:36 PM »
A long time back, when ABS was still an option  :492:. Someone posted a design for a lockable store under the top box plate.
Essentially it was made using bar staock, suitable folded, relocated the existing seat lock. But I can't remember who it was or what he called it. Ive tried searching for it but no joy.

IIRC he used it to stash his lunchtime pies without a topbox, rucksack etc....
seemd a good idea TBH, although it could push the topbox moutnign palte higher, and for people with a top box that could be an issue with weight distribution or CoG.

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 01:40:05 PM »
Currently making a 'hardware' box to fit behind the lhs pannier rack. Just for when away on longer trips for tools and any other bits that would be handy to keep on board for camping etc.
Using a bit of black sewer pipe and a few standard fittings with a few improvised brackets.
Will post up a few pics when I get round to finishing it

Offline Whiskery1

• Tiger Cub
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2021, 03:59:02 AM »
A saw holder!  Another great idea  :152:

When I get back from my roadtrip to interior British Columbia I'll post the pics of what I managed to stuff under the seat - including that socket kit from Wera and a couple of 16" Motion Pro tire levers.

In the meantime, hopefully more of you will proudly display your tools!

Offline Phil_from_Derry

• Tiger Member
  • Bike: 800 XRx
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 11:18:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Whiskery1 [+]
A saw holder!  Another great idea  :152:
:001: hahaha, Dragons den for me

Recent Topics

winded-staunch